GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

UBER-STEALTH Under Floor Sub Install

Staudie

Veedoubleme thanks for the inspiration and nikbrewer for the awesome products.

Ive got a few more things to finish up but its the perfect addition.

Last edited:

Shini

Go Kart Champion
This setup looks awesome, I definitely want to do that someday, wanted a sub in the car without sacrificing space in the hatch area, this is great!

Grinchvr6

Passed Driver's Ed
Your set up looks so clean!! Very nice attention to detail! What gauge wire did you use for the power/ground/remote turn on? Was it included with the LC2i?

Skirball

Ready to race!
Your set up looks so clean!! Very nice attention to detail! What gauge wire did you use for the power/ground/remote turn on? Was it included with the LC2i?

I used 8 ga. for the power and ground. Should be plenty for 300W, though I got a high quality set of wire. A lot of the cheapo sets use under-gauged wire; shouldn't matter, as 8 ga. should be fine up to 500W or so, but considering the price of the install I find tossing a few more dollars is worth the peace of mind.

Remote wire doesn't matter. Most the kits come with remote wire. If not, any 20/22 ga. you have laying around, or a strand of speaker wire, is fine.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
I guess I should have been more specific, what gauge wire was used for the LC2i?

The power wires were all pretty light, and were just something I had on hand. I'd say 18 gauge.

Skirball

Ready to race!
I guess I should have been more specific, what gauge wire was used for the LC2i?

Sorry, guess I didn't read your question well. I just used some spare wire as well, but mine wasn't even 18 ga. Probably 20 or 22 ga. twisted pair. The instructions call for a 1A fuse on the LC2i; with a a run that small even something as small as 22 ga. should be more than sufficient. Of course, smaller wires are more likely to short, so make sure you fuse it.

nutdotnet1

A ton of people have - I thought that was even discussed a couple of times in this thread, if memory serves. Mine is non-DynAudio.

Nah, not that I read. I'm curious on what actually is the difference between the stock and DynaAudio. I now there's and amp, and am assuming some DSP options. I wonder if the speakers are actually different or not (haven't searched yet... I'm sure the answers are out there somewhere).

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Nah, not that I read. I'm curious on what actually is the difference between the stock and DynaAudio. I now there's and amp, and am assuming some DSP options. I wonder if the speakers are actually different or not (haven't searched yet... I'm sure the answers are out there somewhere).

There is a 300W amp, and all of the speakers are upgraded to much higher quality components made by Dynaudio. I'm not sure if there is anything else, but the amp and speakers make a huge difference.

Grinchvr6

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry, guess I didn't read your question well. I just used some spare wire as well, but mine wasn't even 18 ga. Probably 20 or 22 ga. twisted pair. The instructions call for a 1A fuse on the LC2i; with a a run that small even something as small as 22 ga. should be more than sufficient. Of course, smaller wires are more likely to short, so make sure you fuse it.

Do I get just a basic 1amp fuse holder and run it inline? I dont think Ive seen any pics of the LC2i fused...everyone just uses the power and ground leads directly to the LC2i...

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Do I get just a basic 1amp fuse holder and run it inline? I dont think Ive seen any pics of the LC2i fused...everyone just uses the power and ground leads directly to the LC2i...

I didn't run a fuse for it. :iono: