GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Seafoam aftermath!

Sleeping Forest1

Ready to race!
i keep hearing this "walnut blaster" way of cleaning these intakes; what is the actual difference between normal removal of intake and getting messy while cleaning the carbon build up and this WALNUT BLASTER thing???

does teh intake still have to come off??

same process for the most part. i just dont feel like soaking/scrubbing when i can just stick a gun and squeeze a trigger till its clean. plus i already have the equipment so why not.

prep is key though, other wise its messy if not worst.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
i keep hearing this "walnut blaster" way of cleaning these intakes; what is the actual difference between normal removal of intake and getting messy while cleaning the carbon build up and this WALNUT BLASTER thing???

does teh intake still have to come off??

Its just a faster and easier method, the walnut blasting basically just like sandblasts the carbon away opposed to using chemicals and scraping and soaking it up. Manifold comes off for both methods

edit* I guess I should read second page before quoting a reply haha

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
I wouldn't expect Seafoam to do anything to the carbon buildup really in this engine. It might loosen up some big pieces. It works as a fuel system cleaner and you can run some in your crank case before an oil change. Not saying seafoam is a bad product just not going to jack for carbon buildup on the valves. I think the standard method of sea foaming was 1/3 can in crankcase, 1/3 gas tank, 1/3 in intake.

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
I've seen it used in a vac system. where is that going through in this engine?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Through the intake manifold directly to the valves.