GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How black are your exhaust tips?

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
I just let mine go too long.....mine are COMPLETELY black.

I don't know if they will ever come clean.

They are so totally black that they look like they are supposed to be this way.

This is a really lame post....and I probably have it in the wrong section....so mods feel free to move it (or delete it )

Last edited:

Jever

Ready to race!
I just let mine go too long.....mine are COMPLETELY black.

I don't know if they will ever come clean.

They are so totally black that they look like they are supposed to be this way.

This is a really lame post....and I probably have it in the wrong section....so mods feel free to move it (or delete it )

Its just how the car runs, all direct injected cars are like that. Your oil is black as coal and will always be so.

VR6eric

Ready to race!
Use very fine steel wool (Home Depot or Lowes) and a chrome cleaner (any auto store) and you'll get them shiny

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Every few days when I pull in the garage I squirt some simple green on them and use an old shitty rag to give them a good wipe - I only have 1,300 miles on my car but they shine like brand spanking new ... A litle effort goes a long way

Nefilim

Ready to race!
If you are really concerned about it, one method is to mask off the entire area around it and use some oven cleaner. I used it to clean melted plastic off of the chrome pipes of my old motorcycle.

It WILL bleach any paint so you have to be very careful. Ultra fine steel wool is probably a better option first.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Mine have never been black. Am I doing something wrong?!?!

DvS21

Ready to race!
this stuff really isn't that hard to get off. Some Never Dull will bring them back to life, along with most of the suggestions in this thread. Don't sandblast them, that will fuck up the chrome underneath.