GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC Stage 1 Review!

Retro1

Ready to race!
What do u mean by different situation. If you mean any of my other mods - no.

This is the only mod where the car is legitably faster than stock.

As long as there is no CEL, I could care less about codes. Car is running great today.

Just wondering since you said it feels only like a 25-30 hp gain, unless you were talking wheel horsepower? According to AWE/GIAC's dynoplots you should be getting at least 35-45 whp.

Retro1

Ready to race!
Hey guys, got the time to actually record some footage of the GIAC DTM and Wireless App in action (be warned, it's taken with my 8MP phone lol). I'll create it's own thread in the future.

I'm downloading some movie maker software so it'll at least look a little decent so it may take some time.

But it's sick!

martymcflytw

600$ USD is a good price for stage 1 + flashloader + valet considering the local GIAC dealer here in Taiwan wants 1,500$ for the same items (985$ tune + 500$ flash loader). An absolute mockery IMHO.

Retro1

Ready to race!
600$ USD is a good price for stage 1 + flashloader + valet considering the local GIAC dealer here in Taiwan wants 1,500$ for the same items (985$ tune + 500$ flash loader). An absolute mockery IMHO.

$500 for the switcher? Wtf? Did you go to E-51? If you went recently, it is because there's no sale going on.

I only got it for $600 because it was part of their tune in celebration for winning 1st place in two classes in a race in Taiwan.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=603455#post603455

martymcflytw

$500 for the switcher? Wtf? Did you go to E-51? If you went recently, it is because there's no sale going on.

I only got it for $600 because it was part of their tune in celebration for winning 1st place in two classes in a race in Taiwan.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=603455#post603455

Yes I sure did. E-51 is just around the corner from me. Their prices for parts are good with a slight premium over US prices, but that's acceptable considering import taxes and shipping. But software flashes don't require parts other than a computer and a bit of labor. The guys at E-51 wouldn't budge on price. Im not a cheapskate, but in principle I just can't do it.

Retro1

Ready to race!
Yes I sure did. E-51 is just around the corner from me. Their prices for parts are good with a slight premium over US prices, but that's acceptable considering import taxes and shipping. But software flashes don't require parts other than a computer and a bit of labor. The guys at E-51 wouldn't budge on price. Im not a cheapskate, but in principle I just can't do it.

Wait for the sale, maybe within 2 months for Waterfest :)

martymcflytw

Wait for the sale, maybe within 2 months for Waterfest :)

I had my car in at E-51 today for a Unibrace UB install, and I asked about a possible upcoming sale. They told me they had just finished one (which I wasn't aware of). They were nice enough to extend me the sale price for Taiwan of 1000$ USD for stage 1 + flashloader + stock and race gas map. I'll get my car later and test it out, then report back.

snowboardgti

Ready to race!
can anyone here comment on the GIAC customer service? GIAC is gonna have a sale soon and I'd like to know if they are on par or better than APR

nearsite00

Ready to race!
can anyone here comment on the GIAC customer service? GIAC is gonna have a sale soon and I'd like to know if they are on par or better than APR

I've had my GIAC stage 1 tune for a month now and the tuner I went through has great customer service. Dynospot in San Jose. I can tell you that Austin on here remembered to send me GIAC badge and sticker even though I had forgotten about them. He's pretty responsive, but I think if you find a good customer service oriented tuner, you will be good to go.