GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A-Pillar question

dragonslayer33101

Ready to race!
Does anyone know what the part # is for the A-pillar cover or does anyone have a set that they took out? I need to get a set because I am installing a new audio system and I have component 3-way speakers. My installer is going to take the a-pillar covers and fiberglass a spot for the mid-range and tweeter. I don't want to have to leave my car there so I want to get a set to give him so he can get started. Any help would be great :)

dragonslayer33101

Ready to race!
bump

zee

Go Kart Champion
Has your installer seen the car? :iono:
The A-pillar has an airbags which is why companies do not make a-pillar boost gauge mounts for newer cars.

dragonslayer33101

Ready to race!
Has your installer seen the car? :iono:
The A-pillar has an airbags which is why companies do not make a-pillar boost gauge mounts for newer cars.

Yeah we were hoping that the cover would come off so that we could put a new one on with the speaker fiberglassed to the bottom. I was planning on going to the dealer to ask them about it but figured I would ask on here first.

dragonslayer33101

Ready to race!
so i asked my VW parts guy and he said that the part i need is just a liner so it should be no problem getting this done, now it's trying to find them from somewhere else since VW wants $60.50 a piece.

lmlloyd

Ready to race!
Something you might want to think about that you don't seem to be considering, is that anything mounted to the A-pillar, is going to be coming at your face at around 200 MPH if you get in an accident, and that airbag deploys. If I were you, I would either remove the airbag before installing anything, or not install anything in that location. No matter how you slice it, installing something over an airbag is a Darwin Award waiting to happen.

dragonslayer33101

Ready to race!
Something you might want to think about that you don't seem to be considering, is that anything mounted to the A-pillar, is going to be coming at your face at around 200 MPH if you get in an accident, and that airbag deploys. If I were you, I would either remove the airbag before installing anything, or not install anything in that location. No matter how you slice it, installing something over an airbag is a Darwin Award waiting to happen.

It has been considered and we won't install them there if it will interfere with the airbag. Placement would be at the bottom of the pillar and i believe the airbag only opens up high because the air vent for the window defogger is at the bottom. If i'm wrong then we'll find somewhere else. :thumbsup: