GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mod Friendly Dealer in Denver

Robb924

I haven't done too much to my GTI, just a stage 1 tune and cold air intake by Unitronic. It's time for my first oil change so I want to find the "friendliest" dealer in Denver.

I'm leaning towards Larry Miller, any suggestions?

Fike

Passed Driver's Ed
My advice would be to stay far far away from Larry Miller on Colfax. I bought my GTI there, and that place is a joke.

Nbillings8

Passed Driver's Ed
Emich VW works really close with 3zero3 Motorsports I love both of those places. I blew my head in my 2010 and I had a tune and an intake and I asked Emich (off the record) if I should bring it to stock and the words from the tech were "We honestly don't give a shit, we arent going to void your warranty" - Fred Emich drives a stage 2 Jetta GLI at the track so they are cool there. 3zero3 is also a great place to take it to - Plus, Emich has a deal right now its 59.00 for an oil change - which is unreal for a Dealer

vdub10golf

Go Kart Champion
I work at Larry Miller, but I haven't had a chance to deal much with the service dept to see how they are with modded cars. But I'll soon find out! :)

DeathMoJo1

Ready to race!
Larry Miller was Osborne before they sold it. Still shady as sales and service guys. I worked there in '07 and still some of the same guys there.

Sent from LG G2 via Tapatalk

MKV Turbo15

23psi and fast as fuck!
Larry Miller was Osborne before they sold it. Still shady as sales and service guys. I worked there in '07 and still some of the same guys there.

Sent from LG G2 via Tapatalk

I still see your old Mk5 running around James. Unmistakable front shield!

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
I met the sales manager and floor manager at my restaurant for Emich the other day. He valeted his car and it was a 2015 Gti. He told me to drive it but I couldn't leave the restaurant so I just poked around it. Real nice guy named Richard, I'll be going there. I just moved here from Milwaukee so I'm looking for a good mod dealership

PrisonerOfDoom

Ready to race!
Bumping this thread to get some more feedback. I recently purchased a 2012 and would like to install an intake and a catback exhaust. Looks like Emich might be the most mod friendly dealer?

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Here's my tidbit of inside info. Before I moved out here from Chicago I flew out for a week to interview at a bunch of VW dealerships in the area.

Bob Penkus in Colorado Springs was a pretty high choice for me. It was a bad dealership in the process of a major turnaround and they were pretty aggresive trying to get me to come there. I was on board until I found out there their shop foreman was a lazy dishonest scumbag with ego issues that I had the displeasure of working with for about 4 years back in Chicago.

Whatever the other smaller one in the Springs is, that was a tiny little shop with only a small handful of techs. It seemed like a decent place but it was to small. The service manager was a nice guy but he was way to uptight and intense all the time, seemed like the kind of guy who's easily aggravated and likes to yell. If I remember right all of their techs were relatively low level in terms of certification and I would have gone in as by far the most experienced guy they had.

McDonald I didn't like. They had some wierd policies, the shop was a separate building then the writers and everything else. Plus they were playing musical chairs with service managers as they couldn't seem to keep on, nobody in management for VW wanted to stay there. I've never gone to a dealership and had it come across as trying to pretend it's a corporate office type place. I've never had to talk to an assistant and sign in than sit and wait for a for an scheduled interview I had with management at a dealership. Not to mention I basically got prescreened by the assistant before I could have my interview, she always played middleman on phone conversations like the bossman couldn't be bothered.

Tynans was weird. For 1 it's in the ghetto and I didn't want to park my car there. Plus they had one tech who just does suspension and alignments. If i had a car with a bunch of stuff, I could do most of the work but you had to give suspension work and/or alignments to him. It was also strange that the techs had to wash the cars after they were worked on... that's a recipe for disaster IMO, I get paid to work on them not wash them, i would literally be losing money while washing it. It's going to be a half assed wash at best, at worse swirl mark central.

I was going to go talk to the one up in Greeley but once I got near the town I turned around. It's terrible small town without much money that smells like literal cow shit. There was zero chance I was going to move out to Colorado for small town farmland.

Larry Miller was trying really really hard to talk me into coming to work for them. I liked the place alot except for employee parking on the streets and it's very near crappy areas. They knew I did APR installs at my dealer back in Chicago and they were interested in getting involved in that kind of stuff and wanted me to start doing it through them as well. They were so positive they'd give me an offer I couldn't refuse and I'd pick them that they had me go do a pre-employment drug test and background check that day while I was there. In the end they were my #2 choice for employment.

They got beat out by Gebhardt. Nice newer building, no nights or weekends, decent insurance, ect. The first year was awesome and it is pretty mod friendly dealer. But the second year went south in a hurry. They added saturdays, they cut down contributions so the cost of our insurance tripled, they were selling record low number of cars month after month (which has a massive impact on the service department). It kept getting worse and worse without rock bottom in sight. I was there almost 2 years, in that span there are 18 people in the service department that I worked with that are not there anymore. A lot of good people got tired of the owners/management and started jumping ship. The level of people they were bringing in to fill those positions got lower and lower and lower. The last straw for me was when they knowingly hired a tech that got fired for getting paid and claiming he did repairs but he wasn't doing the work and was just keeping the new parts. I refuse to work at a place that will knowingly hire on blatant thieves, I'm not going to work next to a piece of shit like that so I finally considered leaving. I leave a resume posted online all the time, I got offers/requests for interviews regularly so I finally started considering them. When my boss told me he was leaving as well I accepted a job somewhere else. When I left a couple months ago I was their only Hybrid tech, their only Diagnostic Tech, and their only Master Tech (at one point we had 3 master techs that were hybrid techs, I was the only certified diagnostic tech they have had though). There's 1 good writer there and 1 or 2 maybe 3 good techs left and a bunch of hacks that they took in because no one worth a damn wanted to come work for them.

I never dealt with Emich or what is now O'meara.

Personally from my experience, for mod friendly dealer near Denver, I'd try Larry Miller in Lakewood first.

Last edited:

anticon

Ready to race!
Emich, hands down.
I was told by a Larry Miller Kia (right next door to LM VW) employee, who is an Audi/VW guy, that it may not be a good idea to take my car to LM for warranty claims after installing aftermarket parts/tunes.
My regular services have only been at Emich, and they've been great. Sounds like they're 3ZERO3 friendly, and I know they're Bluewater friendly. I always request Jared Beeman.
Stay the hell away from North Valley/O'Meara. I bought mine there, but it will NEVER return.