GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Muffler delete

myslowgti1

Passed Driver's Ed
So I'm kinda on the fence about this. I have full turbo back exhaust. I'm looking to go a bit louder do you guys recommend a muffler delete or resonator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
So I'm kinda on the fence about this. I have full turbo back exhaust. I'm looking to go a bit louder do you guys recommend a muffler delete or resonator?

Get the resonator delete, had a catless downpipe and resonator delete on my stock catback and it sounded nasty.. DSG farts turned into shotgun shells!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Remove the exhaust system and just run with an open DP.

Lmao probably not

Get an electric cutout installed and with the push of a button you can have it dumping at the downpipe then push the button again to close it for when you need the quiets.

myslowgti1

Passed Driver's Ed
Is that something I need to buy or can the shop piece it together?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Is that something I need to buy or can the shop piece it together?

I would take it to a shop. Im sure you can buy one but then you would need to cut and weld it into your exhaust and then wire it up and install a button/trigger somewhere in the cabin for you to open/close it.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
I did a completely open 3" system at one point two years ago and it was awful.... I have the 42DD Catless RACE TBE, so basically its 3" all the way back with a single Magnaflow 40 series muffler, and thats it. Its loud as hell when you're on it, but still nice to putt around in, and no drone at highway speed.

I called 42DD up and asked them to make me a section for the rear of the car to replace the muffler section that was just straight pipe. So now the exhaust would be straight through , no res, no muffler, no cat, no anything... Installed it, drove 500km on it, and immediately hated it.... It sounded great down low, and was super aggressive, but it droned like NO OTHER at highway speed, so bad that I would get headaches.... SO, I would advise against going straight pipe.... Not to mention theres no tone that you would get from a muffler, and honestly these cars sound ricey af without a muffler, or a resonator....

damagi123

Go Kart Champion

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
can you go no dp too
That would dump a lot of heat right back into the engine compartment... also it would probably be stinky.