GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gas pedal Seems to now have a tick does yours?

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
The mk6 which is now 21 months old has started to tick tonight from the Gas pedal when you release it to press the brake pedal.

I have never noticed it in driving before,
but in traffic tonight, even with the heater on 3 and radio on (so not a quiet enviroment as it has been before) the gas pedal ticked when i was on and off the throttle in stop start traffic. It was really pissing me off.

This quick video i did shows what i meen. (sorry it needs editing to turn it 90 degrees :ashamed: )
In the video.
The engine is running.
The heater is on 3.
The phone recording the video is close to me so you get a sense of what it sounds like.

Do other peoples tick/click quite loud on when released from small pedal openings?

:confused:

Muskie

Go Kart Champion

FTFY

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
Im wondering why have i not heard it in the past 21 months?
I do exactly the same commuter route day in, day out, and today was no different to any other day except the noise from the pedal.
Today was the first time i heard it because it was quite loud. It must have got louder or i would have heard it in the past i would have thought?
I know because of the type it is it must have clicked before but in the past normal daily use i could not hear it.
Its a bit confusing why its so loud now.

Jacuzzi

Ready to race!
Throttle body closing/opening, normal.

The throttle pedal is completely electronic, so there's no movement of the throttle body unless the car is on. I've found my clutch pedal occasionally does this in the winter. In my case, I think it's the pedal cover/aluminum thingy getting a small gap in it. I would say take it in, they can replace the whole pedal assembly pretty quickly.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Mine does not do this. I don't think it is normal, I'd get it checked by the dealership.

Mine has an overheating relay under the dash that clicks every time the tach crosses 1k RPM, but that only happens in heavy traffic or super hot days.

Eschelon_54x11

I had the same problem

I had the same problem. Noticed it yesterday during my drive home. It went away after I floored it and pushed down hard on the gas pedal. Are these pedals overlays and being held on by double sided tape? Let me know if you found another solution.