GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JP's Build

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
thanks guys I sent the pic and description in for shits and giggles didn't think I'd be picked. I'm proud of the little I've done to her. I hope to get more accomplished next year or two while saving up during this deployment. I leave in a few days for Afghanistan again and plan on saving some money for more upgrades when I return.

jP

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
WooHoo I can post again!!!

Someone finally lifted the stupid block on Golf MK6 in Afghanistan! I got one of my periodic update e-mails on DSM (Dave's) build thread and I'll be damned if the link didn't work this time. I have missed MK6, the only site I could access was Vortex :mad0259: But there isn't any real good stuff there so I have been Dubless for months.

I Missed you guys :D

Not much going on with the build, I bought a unibrace UB, and hopefully will buy the XB soon so I can install those while on leave in March, I might try and do a rear seat delete then too we'll see. I want to get some other suspension and braking stuff out of the way so early next year I can go KO4.

JP

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
It's good to see you back on here. I'm going k04 here soon.

Faster then the past so I'm living in the present.

Lucky, I see the KO4 check box in your Sig just waiting for an X. I have some more time and things to do before I'm ready. Probibly early next year I'll be ready to go KO4. Can't wait.

I just ordered my Unibrace XB, so I'll be able to put that and the UB on while I'm on leave in March.

JP

MK6moneyGANG

Go Kart Champion
hey man where did you order your euro plate from i was trying to do the same thing as you help a fellow sb guy out. please

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
hey man where did you order your euro plate from i was trying to do the same thing as you help a fellow sb guy out. please

I can't remember off the top of my head. I don't have my favorites from home here in Afghanistan. Let me do some looking. If I can find the place I'll post it here.

//Edit//

Found it... Here You Go
JP

Last edited:

MK6moneyGANG

Go Kart Champion
Thanks bro I appreciate it dude , be safe over there man . I appreciate what your doing and would like to do it myself one day .

BSosa2492

Ready to race!
nice car man, i have the injen intake too and really like it. the car looks good man i love the color and the rims

kniteshift

Ready to race!
How do you like the Koni FSD? do you feel the ride comfort is better than stock on freeway and street?

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
nice car man, i have the injen intake too and really like it. the car looks good man i love the color and the rims

Thanks. Planning on changing the wheels to a dark bronze TSW Nurburgring here soon. Want lighter wheels.

How do you like the Koni FSD? do you feel the ride comfort is better than stock on freeway and street?

Better than stock? Not sure. I was stock for such a short time, I had springs and shocks done really quickly. They ride just fine I have zero issues or complaints with the H&R Sports and FSDs. It's like they were made for each other. That said I want to go lower so I'm heading for coils hopefully when I get home.

JP

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
some mods coming down the pipe

So some things should be going on next month while I'm on leave...
Unibrace XB
Unibrace UB
TSW Nurburgring Bronze PC (from swfloridamk6, thanks Paul)
Hankook Ventus V12 (from swfloridamk6, thanks Paul)

Then if I can scrape together enough over the rest of my deployment I plan on getting...
SPAX RSX coils
APR Front and Rear Sways
brake upgrades (Lines, Pads, Fluid, and maybe the tyrolsport kit)

All in all that will complete my suspension and handling mods and I can move on to saving up for HPA Stage III and KO4. I may give water Meth a try though to tide me over while I save, so I can run my 100 oct tune and get some extra HP. Seems pretty cheap around $500 ish if I install it myself, nets me what like 20-25 HP running the 100 file? Plus WM will be good to have on board for use with KO4 in the future.

Also thinking about adding a Forge Twintercooler as opposed to upgrading to the APR IC since I already have an S3 IC. I think the Forge + S3 should equal APR efficiency? We'll see.

JP

Last edited:

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
So some things should be going on next month while I'm on leave...
Unibrace XB
Unibrace UB
TSW Nurburgring Bronze PC (from swfloridamk6, thanks Paul)
Hankook Ventus V12 (from swfloridamk6, thanks Paul)

Then if I can scrape together enough over the rest of my deployment I plan on getting...
SPAX RSX coils
APR Front and Rear Sways
brake upgrades (Lines, Pads, Fluid, and maybe the tyrolsport kit)

All in all that will complete my suspension and handling mods and I can move on to saving up for HPA Stage III and KO4. I may give water Meth a try though to tide me over while I save, so I can run my 100 oct tune and get some extra HP. Seems pretty cheap around $500 ish if I install it myself, nets me what like 20-25 HP running the 100 file? Plus WM will be good to have on board for use with KO4 in the future.

Also thinking about adding a Forge Twintercooler as opposed to upgrading to the APR IC since I already have an S3 IC. I think the Forge + S3 should equal APR efficiency? We'll see.

JP

Hey JP,

All sounds awesome!

I would do the Forge+S3.

Love to see watermeth and K04.... Beast.

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
Hey JP,

All sounds awesome!

I would do the Forge+S3.

Love to see watermeth and K04.... Beast.

Thanks,
The Forge seems to me to make more sense it like $700 vs the $1k for the APR since I already have the S3.

I'm warming to the idea of water meth. I have been having discussions with Justin at USRT about it trying to get educated. I'm still a bit nervous about using it. But I'd like to get the benefits of running the 100 oct tune with meth.

JP

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
yeah, I would try it myself, but I want a cleaner engine bay and clean hatch. maybe if the bottle could be hidden in fender somehow.

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
Unibrace UB and XB on finally

Well I finally got both the Unibrace UB and XB installed. The UB went on without a hitch. The XB however took substantially more time and effort.

Some notes on the XB install:

1. The clamp holding the rear setbacks in place is a PITA. You need to remove everything from the rear of the vehicle (floor, spare tire, and foam holding tools surrounding spare) once you do thistle cover will be exposed and you can more easily pull it off. I started off wrong and snapped a piece of this cover off before I realized how to get at it. after that hurdle was done the next big issue was drilling the holes. Remember the old adage measure twice cut once. Take your time positioning and marking the holes. It was difficult after I drilled the original 1/8" pilot hole I recommend using one of those cone shaped stepped bits as the large 1/2" bit almost broke my wrist when it bit in and twisted the drill in my hand. After the first hole I took more time slowly drilling this final 1/2" hole. Be advised that the nutsert is still slightly wider than 1/2" and you will probably need a dremel or file to widen it out enough to get the nutsert in. Be very careful installing the nutsert and inserting the screw. I got one cross threaded and it took a lot of time to get it out and well I never really got it out it fell into the car and is trapped in there. Hopefully it doesn't vibrate, or Ill have to spray foam that area. Last thing, the holes on the XB are tight to the screw diameter and I found that I needed to widen them a bit with a drill to allow for the slight variance in hole placement that I experienced.

Hopefully all of that makes sense and helps you guys out.

I have not driven the car yet but I am going to here in a little while I'll report back on my findings, as I am sure you are interested in that more than the pictures, lol.

JP