GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

420/380 WHP/TQ Stock Motor/Fueling GTI GT3071 - it's possible!

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
If your fuel pump controller overheats, get in touch with Eurocars on here.

He makes extensions harnesses that help this problem greatly.

Update on this btw, harness worked great!!

We can't keep the voltage up on the pump though in high gears and RPM (5th past 6500) so the car slams the TB plate closed and shuts down. Maybe need boost manager.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Ah, nice. We have different models so I won't bother with fitment questions.

Otherwise, how's your car doing? Did you ever get the DSG tune?

Car is great. We are slowly working our way to a total build. I wanna go one step at a time. DSG tune has to be custom made, I've been waiting on it.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Car is great. We are slowly working our way to a total build. I wanna go one step at a time. DSG tune has to be custom made, I've been waiting on it.
Gotcha, I am sort of following your steps except with less power and less room for error, so I'm just taking notes lol

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Haha no problem. You'll have tons of room at 370 WHP, so don't worry at all.
Yeah but 93000 miles scares me, although everything runs beautifully (knock on wood). By the way, I wanted to ask, how's the GT30 handle short shifting at like half throttle lower rpms? Hopefully that makes sense, with the k04 I'm able to short shift with the dsg (4k rpm) without and hiccups but I'd imagine the boost levels at 4k going into the next gear would be too much.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Yeah but 93000 miles scares me, although everything runs beautifully (knock on wood). By the way, I wanted to ask, how's the GT30 handle short shifting at like half throttle lower rpms? Hopefully that makes sense, with the k04 I'm able to short shift with the dsg (4k rpm) without and hiccups but I'd imagine the boost levels at 4k going into the next gear would be too much.

It's easier with the GT30. Way more linear, so the car likes it a little more. Once again, I love this setup on the street for my daily.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Which DSG tune are you doing? You're Eurodyne right?

Yeah I'm Eurodyne but I have an odd ECU and TCU code. So they have to custom make it. I am not SET on using Eurodyne for DSG, but I know for a fact they increase clamping pressure.. Probably will stay with Eurodyne though. Just waiting for him to make the file - he's busy with the MK7's.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Ah. Yea I'm running Eurodyne DSG. I really like it. If you do get it at least you can start altering your shift points

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
You'll like it when it's done.

Given it may not be the smoothest shifts. I personally like it. I'm not getting a DSG tune to just cruise around........

staticc_AZ

Passed Driver's Ed
So u got 380wtq on stock DSG tune?....hhhhmmmmm....maybe I'll just hold off on getting a DSG tune for my car since GIAC "suggests" having one for their new file

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
My guess is more like 350ish wtq give or take since that spike isn't real and I can't see the scales. His is also doing it way way late so get yourself a dsg tune so you don't smoke you clutches out. Tune is way cheaper than a clutchpack replacement. Spike is most likely spinning wheels or clutch slip. Dynos don't go in reverse rpms.

No DSG tune on my car yet so haven't turned boost up past 17psi.

TheCastle

Ready to race!
My guess is more like 350ish wtq give or take since that spike isn't real and I can't see the scales. His is also doing it way way late so get yourself a dsg tune so you don't smoke you clutches out. Tune is way cheaper than a clutchpack replacement. Spike is most likely spinning wheels or clutch slip. Dynos don't go in reverse rpms.

No DSG tune on my car yet so haven't turned boost up past 17psi.

I was waiting for someone to point out the anomalies in the dyno graph, was curious to see if anyone noticed.. His results show good performance, but not a price/performance breakthrough. Looks like the tune he is using has a lot of opportunity for improvement, especially in the power under the graph department.

Yeah, the "spike" is a measurement anomaly, he doesn't show the scales on the graph.