GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do Custom Plates count as a cosmetic mod? lol.

DvS21

Ready to race!
I just got these I though I'd share with you guys!

Anyone else have custom plates?

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
I thought about getting a custom plate then i remembered how I drive. Im still thinking about O10I1O0 lol

RPS99SHO

Ready to race!
Maryland - BURNOUT. They are a carryover from the car I traded for my TDI, a 2006 GTO. Hence the tags. But I can't bring myself to get rid of the tags. I'm sure I get a fair share of raised eyebrows.

scbastv

Ready to race!
I think i started a thread like this somewhere, but ill post again...

Im in VA so i have to have a plate mounted in the front and the back...

soooo....

due to my "style" of driving my plates are "YWAMTUO"...make sense?

if not, try thinking about it if i pulled up behind you and you were looking in your rear-view mirror...:fighting0030:

bigshoulders

Ready to race!
I thought about getting a custom plate then i remembered how I drive. Im still thinking about O10I1O0 lol
I've seen that same thing in NC with altering Bs and 8s, but I wonder if that really defeats red-light cams? That would be the purpose behind such a vanity plate, right?

I'm considering a vanity plate, but will likely wait until next year when registration is due again.

Question to DVS: It seems to me that Virginia has the highest number of vanity plates of any state I've ever driven in. Is it not that much to upgrade from a STD plate to a Vanity plate? I swear, every time I drive in VA, every other car sports vanity plates.

Kevin, in NC

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002

Maryland automatically converts "O" to "0" on any personalized plates now so you can't even do this :(

Last edited:

DvS21

Ready to race!
I've seen that same thing in NC with altering Bs and 8s, but I wonder if that really defeats red-light cams? That would be the purpose behind such a vanity plate, right?

I'm considering a vanity plate, but will likely wait until next year when registration is due again.

Question to DVS: It seems to me that Virginia has the highest number of vanity plates of any state I've ever driven in. Is it not that much to upgrade from a STD plate to a Vanity plate? I swear, every time I drive in VA, every other car sports vanity plates.

Kevin, in NC

Yeah it's only like 10 dollars more per year. I figured why not!?