GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocrossing / Driving Techniques


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2017, 11:39 AM   #15
jay745
Mod Flanders
 
jay745's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 18,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Injen1us View Post
Thats a nice mod list. Definitely interested in the oil cooler particularly.

I ran SoW last on Michelin PSS (225/40/18) on Team Dynamic 18x8 wheels (18lbs).

I intend to daily the PSS on my Enkei GT7s (22lbs) and throw on some 595 RSRs (235/40/18) on the Team Dynamics. Then swap at the track
Good plan. I can only imagine pss do pretty bad on the track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrickety View Post
Looks good. Did you find a kit or is it something you have to piece together?
Pieced it together and fabbing up a bracket myself since nobody makes one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
__________________
Hit me up for VagCom in Chicago
Click >here< for my build thread.
I'll do your 40k service for much cheaper than a dealer.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 11:59 AM   #16
Injen1us
Formula 5000 Driver
 
Injen1us's Avatar
 
Drives: MK6 gti
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
Good plan. I can only imagine pss do pretty bad on the track.
They definitely under-perform. The power to weight of the car and rigidity of the suspension dont do any favors.
__________________
2800lb k04'd daily driver

Radical Edward
Injen1us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 03:36 PM   #17
who128
Oval Newbie
 
Drives: GTI MK6
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: CA, Bay Area
Posts: 132
still active.
who128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 03:59 PM   #18
jay745
Mod Flanders
 
jay745's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 18,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by who128 View Post
still active.
Tell us about your season?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
__________________
Hit me up for VagCom in Chicago
Click >here< for my build thread.
I'll do your 40k service for much cheaper than a dealer.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:56 PM   #19
who128
Oval Newbie
 
Drives: GTI MK6
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: CA, Bay Area
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
Tell us about your season?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
10 track events this season. Still pushing the car and myself to its limit before getting into the power mods. All mods that i have on the car is purely for handling.
who128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 11:00 PM   #20
Injen1us
Formula 5000 Driver
 
Injen1us's Avatar
 
Drives: MK6 gti
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by who128 View Post
10 track events this season. Still pushing the car and myself to its limit before getting into the power mods. All mods that i have on the car is purely for handling.
I seem to remember you smoking my time at Buttonwillow back in May (if you are who i think you are )

Seriously good driving dude
__________________
2800lb k04'd daily driver

Radical Edward
Injen1us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:58 AM   #21
jay745
Mod Flanders
 
jay745's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 18,702
If you guys seriously run all year I can probably plan a trip out there next November or December. Plenty of time for me to finish the local season and rent a truck and trailer for a road trip

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
__________________
Hit me up for VagCom in Chicago
Click >here< for my build thread.
I'll do your 40k service for much cheaper than a dealer.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:48 PM   #22
who128
Oval Newbie
 
Drives: GTI MK6
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: CA, Bay Area
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Injen1us View Post
I seem to remember you smoking my time at Buttonwillow back in May (if you are who i think you are )

Seriously good driving dude

Yep its me.
who128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:12 AM   #23
Injen1us
Formula 5000 Driver
 
Injen1us's Avatar
 
Drives: MK6 gti
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
If you guys seriously run all year I can probably plan a trip out there next November or December. Plenty of time for me to finish the local season and rent a truck and trailer for a road trip

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I will probably be in Oregon by that time. But i would make a trip down to the bay for a laguna seca run
__________________
2800lb k04'd daily driver

Radical Edward
Injen1us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:23 PM   #24
who128
Oval Newbie
 
Drives: GTI MK6
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: CA, Bay Area
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
If you guys seriously run all year I can probably plan a trip out there next November or December. Plenty of time for me to finish the local season and rent a truck and trailer for a road trip

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Hopefully it doesn't rain in Nov and Dec its a gamble. BTW i looked at your build http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpo...postcount=1069

How did you managed to get hot spots? i've got 10 track days on my rotors ST40 and its still fine besides a lot of micro cracks.
who128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:39 PM   #25
jay745
Mod Flanders
 
jay745's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 18,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by who128 View Post
Hopefully it doesn't rain in Nov and Dec its a gamble. BTW i looked at your build http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpo...postcount=1069

How did you managed to get hot spots? i've got 10 track days on my rotors ST40 and its still fine besides a lot of micro cracks.
I don't know the exact number but those rotors had about 20 track days on them. I feel like I got my monies worth out of em. Love the brakes but good lord they are expensive to rebuild. I'm doing all new pistons seals dust boots this winter.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
__________________
Hit me up for VagCom in Chicago
Click >here< for my build thread.
I'll do your 40k service for much cheaper than a dealer.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:58 PM   #26
who128
Oval Newbie
 
Drives: GTI MK6
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: CA, Bay Area
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
I don't know the exact number but those rotors had about 20 track days on them. I feel like I got my monies worth out of em. Love the brakes but good lord they are expensive to rebuild. I'm doing all new pistons seals dust boots this winter.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yeah i just ordered a set of replacement rotors. I'll rebuild my caliper when i really need to. The dust boots are a lil bit torn but w/e. Is your aluminum hats all purple like mine? haha

I've recently finished using my Endless Racing ME20 pads. Now im testing out Project Mu R999. I just ordered a set of Dixcel RA pads as well.
who128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:37 AM   #27
jay745
Mod Flanders
 
jay745's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 18,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by who128 View Post
Yeah i just ordered a set of replacement rotors. I'll rebuild my caliper when i really need to. The dust boots are a lil bit torn but w/e. Is your aluminum hats all purple like mine? haha

I've recently finished using my Endless Racing ME20 pads. Now im testing out Project Mu R999. I just ordered a set of Dixcel RA pads as well.
Yeah the hats are discolored a bit and the caliper paint is fading hard now too. . Oh well lol
__________________
Hit me up for VagCom in Chicago
Click >here< for my build thread.
I'll do your 40k service for much cheaper than a dealer.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.