GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes / Chassis | Sponsored by The Tire Rack


The Tire Rack
Welcome to the Wheels and Tires section of GolfMK6. This area is proudly sponsored by The Tire Rack.

If you are making a purchase from TireRack, please help support GolfMK6 by clicking through to them with this link or clicking on the Tire Rack banner ad. Doing so helps give back to GOLFMK6 so we can keep this place running!
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2017, 12:00 AM   #3417
zef
Touring Car Champion
 
Drives: 2013 GTI
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: CT
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roctre View Post
Why did you get 235/45/18? Thats the wrong size and is super tall compaired to 225/40/18. Makes sense that you had to pull your fenders.
It's only 8mm taller. And because I still wanted good ride quality.
__________________
'13 GTI CW 2 DR (DSG) - Eurodyne Stage 2/APR DSG Tune | APR Clutch Packs | WAVETRAC LSD | Cobb TBE | IE CAI | IE FDS IC | 034 CC | VWR Subframe Pucks | 034 SD Mounts | MSS SPRING KIT (learn more here) | 034 Pendulum Mount | Supaloy Control Arms | B6 Passat Front Spindles | Koni Yellows | RSE10 | more to come! Follow me on Instagram!: jg_gti
zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:28 PM   #3418
avni
Autocross Newbie
 
Drives: MK6
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: BRONX
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaGTI View Post
Hey bro. I'm no expert here but I currently run a set of AMG wheels from a mercedes. Front is 18x8.5 et 45 and fits pretty snug without any rubbing. Rear are 18x9.5 et 45 and required quite a bit of camber not to rub. Cant tell you the exact alignment settings as I purchased it this way but I am running h&r super sports. With that in mind, given the width and the et 22 of your wheels, you will require some aggressive settings to make those fit especially in the front. Hope my little 2 cents helps. I'm actually in the process of changing wheels to get away from the aggressive camber settings.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
Lola i would absolutely love to see how your golf looks
avni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:42 PM   #3419
LolaGTI
Passed Driver's Ed
 
Drives: 2011 GTI Metallic Gray
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Decatur, Georgia
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by avni View Post
Lola i would absolutely love to see how your golf looks
Sorry about pic quality. I haven't really been taking many pics of her. Will update soon. Just switch to the 3sdm .06 wheels.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
LolaGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:42 PM   #3420
LolaGTI
Passed Driver's Ed
 
Drives: 2011 GTI Metallic Gray
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Decatur, Georgia
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaGTI View Post
Sorry about pic quality. I haven't really been taking many pics of her. Will update soon. Just switch to the 3sdm .06 wheels.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
*switched*

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
LolaGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:11 AM   #3421
GertieGTI
Touring Car Champion
 
Drives: 2012 GTI CW 2dr DSG Autobahn
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 231
Never was too concerned with wheels but my stock Serrons got damaged recently. It should be pinned to the first page but this may be a good opportunity to go aftermarket and get a slightly better fitting wheel and tire package.

I'm looking for a flush fender fitment. 18" wheels and tire sizes available most likely in PSS or the replacement Conti DW. I am stock height and don't ever plan on lowering. Would something like a 18x8 40et with a 235/40/R18 be correct?

I really liked the Serrons for an OEM wheel. Lagunas are nice too. I have a candy white GTI and think charcoal or a black/polished wheel would look best. I am picky when it comes to wheels and what I like but one that has caught my eye is the Nuespeed RSe10. Good ratio of openness to spoke, 5 spoke design to align with 5x112 bolt pattern, lightweight, pricey?
GertieGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:22 AM   #3422
LolaGTI
Passed Driver's Ed
 
Drives: 2011 GTI Metallic Gray
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Decatur, Georgia
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GertieGTI View Post
Never was too concerned with wheels but my stock Serrons got damaged recently. It should be pinned to the first page but this may be a good opportunity to go aftermarket and get a slightly better fitting wheel and tire package.

I'm looking for a flush fender fitment. 18" wheels and tire sizes available most likely in PSS or the replacement Conti DW. I am stock height and don't ever plan on lowering. Would something like a 18x8 40et with a 235/40/R18 be correct?

I really liked the Serrons for an OEM wheel. Lagunas are nice too. I have a candy white GTI and think charcoal or a black/polished wheel would look best. I am picky when it comes to wheels and what I like but one that has caught my eye is the Nuespeed RSe10. Good ratio of openness to spoke, 5 spoke design to align with 5x112 bolt pattern, lightweight, pricey?
Our cars typically use 225/40/R18 but at stock ride height, 235 will fit easily. However, if you're looking for flush fitment you would need to lower at least an inch to be kinda flush, as long as you stick with the thicker tire, 235. Just my personal opinion, but our gti's with thick rubber and stock ride height look a bit chunky.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
LolaGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:25 AM   #3423
LolaGTI
Passed Driver's Ed
 
Drives: 2011 GTI Metallic Gray
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Decatur, Georgia
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaGTI View Post
Our cars typically use 225/40/R18 but at stock ride height, 235 will fit easily. However, if you're looking for flush fitment you would need to lower at least an inch to be kinda flush, as long as you stick with the thicker tire, 235. Just my personal opinion, but our gti's with thick rubber and stock ride height look a bit chunky.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
I do think the neuspeed rse10's are pretty neat and lightweight is a plus.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
LolaGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.