GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CR140 exhaust noise...

ja17m35

Hi

I've currently got a UK spec B7 Passat CR140 remapped with the DPF removed and a 3" downpipe replacing it, panel filter and EGR delete.

I was wondering at this present time i get a bit of booming when driving on throttle from the rear of the vehicle which sometimes annoys me.

I do want more noise from outside but will this effect the cabin noise if i was to remove the last rear silencer?

I know this sounds stupid but help would be appreciated.

Thanks
James

BlueVagonPwr

I'm running a straight pipe to the stock muffler right now and I can't hear it over the road noise when I'm at speed as long as I have the back seats up and cargo cover on. There is a bit of drone at 2k RPM that would be annoying if I spent a lot of time cruising there but I'm typically up around 2500-2700 on the highway and there's no problem there. I had my golf bag in the car yesterday, though, with the 1/3 folded down and the cabin drone was pretty bad. Probably wouldn't want to take a road trip like that.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
I'm running a straight pipe to the stock muffler right now and I can't hear it over the road noise when I'm at speed as long as I have the back seats up and cargo cover on. There is a bit of drone at 2k RPM that would be annoying if I spent a lot of time cruising there but I'm typically up around 2500-2700 on the highway and there's no problem there. I had my golf bag in the car yesterday, though, with the 1/3 folded down and the cabin drone was pretty bad. Probably wouldn't want to take a road trip like that.

How the hell fast are you going to cruise at 2500-2700 RPMS...? :eek: :laugh:

I can do 80 and I barely hit 2200...

QuitersLOSE14

Ready to race!
I have Rawtek's full DP-back system, straight-piped. I don't like how raspy it is when you mash the pedal, so I bought a 6 inch Magnaflow race series muffler to try and mellow that raspy ricyness if that makes sense. I haven't installed it yet, but I'll do sound clips while driving before and after install. The drone with my setup is worst at 70 MPH. I cruise at 75 and I don't think twice. I love exhaust sound tho. Being a diesel they just aren't loud until you mash it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk