GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf mk6 creaking brakes

F3L1X

Hey guys,

So i'm having some problems with the front and rear brakes on recently purchased second hand golf mk6. 2011 ~70,000km's

To keep a long story short, when cold the front and rear brakes make a creak/squeak when coming to a slow stop, the second before being stationary and just as you release the pedal. The problem is worse on a hill, when most of the weight is on either the front or rear brakes.

Generally the problem is worst when the brakes are cold, and after some driving it goes away mostly however can appear again on a steep hill.

To give some history, i've taken it back to the dealer twice and both times they have said they found nothing mechanically wrong with the brakes, machined the rotors and sent me on my way. It would help the problem a little, but then after about a week or so back to its usual tricks. I got tired of them just machining the rotors and assuming that it could just be the combination of pads and rotors on the car i replaced both the front and rear rotors with DBA OE rotors and Remsa pads, made sure to give everything a good clean up and grease that you normally would when replacing rotors and pads.

Since doing it the problem went away initially, but again after a few days it came back. The only benefit at least is that it is definitely not as bad as in the video after replacing.

Here's a short video of it happening. Keep in mind this is before replacing the rotors and pads, it's a little quieter now (inside a parking garage so sounds very loud)

https://youtu.be/ffA0eoej12c

So i'm now lost on what it could be since the dealer didn't find mechanical problems and it wasn't the pads or rotors being the problem. It just makes the car feel not exactly premium and can be kind of embarrassing with people in the car.

Has anyone experience this or can give me an idea on where to go from here? :iono:

TL: DR; Front and rear brakes creak just before slow stop, gets better when warm and front and rear rotor replacement didn't remedy.

F3L1X

Just to clarify it may sound like suspension in the video, but up close it's definitely coming from the brakes

Totally_Stock_Except

Passed Driver's Ed
My guess is that a squeal is another way to say high frequency chattering, so I'd first try anti squeal on back of the brake pads. I just replaced stock brakes with Stop Tech rotor but got a set of reman calipers and installed the ECS stiffening kit. The bronze bushings remove ALL slop that the factory rubber ones have. First try the CRC Disc Brake Quiet #05016, found at AutoZone etc.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk