GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Warning message for 11 bulbs not working

Ashp123

Hi

I'm hoping someone can help me with my problem. I've googled and searched this forum for a similar issue but couldn't find anything.

Some weeks ago whilst driving my dash suddenly warned me that i had 11 lamps that were not working! I checked a few (2x indicators, 1x main beam, 1x dip beam...) and they indeed were not working.

I checked a couple of the bulbs and they were fine.

After a few days, all bulbs were working again and no warning lights.

This has happened to me twice now. Can anyone please give me any pointers to what could be going on?

Any help would be much appreciated

oldtype2

Ready to race!
Hi

I'm hoping someone can help me with my problem. I've googled and searched this forum for a similar issue but couldn't find anything.

Some weeks ago whilst driving my dash suddenly warned me that i had 11 lamps that were not working! I checked a few (2x indicators, 1x main beam, 1x dip beam...) and they indeed were not working.

I checked a couple of the bulbs and they were fine.

After a few days, all bulbs were working again and no warning lights.

This has happened to me twice now. Can anyone please give me any pointers to what could be going on?

Any help would be much appreciated

Perhaps the CECM is going bad? It's the central electronics control module under the dash.

Just a thought.

Joveen

Ready to race!
Check fuse bro. Most likely is. Had the same problem some months ago and i checked the fuse and had to replace it. Havent looked back since.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

dazedfive

Passed Driver's Ed
Check the fuse panel (panel C?) in the engine bay. It most likely has melted at one of the fuses and will need to be replaced.

Icewinsagain

Passed Driver's Ed
Check the fuse panel (panel C?) in the engine bay. It most likely has melted at one of the fuses and will need to be replaced.

Same thing its the 30 amp fuse yellow yes under the hood took out my front right lights and back left lights 2 times 2012 gti

speed4568

Ready to race!
I think its the F16 fuse in the engine bay

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I meant the whole panel needs to be replaced.

My GTI did this and it turned out the F16 fuse slot had slightly melted due to fuse arcing as it was a cheap (probably Chinese) fuse, I replaced the fuse with a quality one and it fixed it without any need to replace the fuse panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk