GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Crackle tune...

Mikeshoie

Has anyone tuned by Stratified added the StCrackle option? There are lots of videos of the Focus ST's running it but none for the GTI. I'm interested to hear how it sounds.

JohnoBurr

Ready to race!
I'm running the crackle tune and it sounds fantastic. I now love aggressive downshifts. I don't have a great way to get a video of it though.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
YASSSSSSS cause dumping fuel on deceleration! I am sure your exhaust turbine will love this lol.

From the little bit of reading I've done about it...that's not actually what's happening.

Straight from Alex@Stratified on the focus st forums...

The crackles although some may think are due to dumping a lot of fuel into the exhaust - this is not the case. We actually REDUCE the amount of fuel injected and for how long it is injected after throttle lift compared to the OEM tune.

adema69

Ready to race!
From the little bit of reading I've done about it...that's not actually what's happening.

Straight from Alex@Stratified on the focus st forums...

I'm pretty certain you get the burble tune by turning off fuel injector cutoff on deceleration. I think since 95 when all cars switched to obd2 they added that feature so you don't get imbalance in combustion and not getting burned up fully by the catalytic converters. The popping is unburnt fuel on the combustion chamber. I get this with water meth and having the siphon cutoff so far from the nozzles.