GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Running 100oct or e85

victor247

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone is running 100oct or e85 here?
I have an MK6 with a KO4 and APR v3.2 tune.
I have the following maps 91,93, and 100oct.
I'm looking to try the 100oct without meth. Anyone have good results?
I also run full e85 in my 335i single turbo and wanted to try it on my mk6. Anyone doing it? I was thinking to add 2 gallons of e85 to a full tank of 91 octane.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
I do run 100 octane sometimes during summer, car feels def. stronger: 330 WHP/ 337 WTQ. I have been tempted to buy a meth kit, but to be honest, I personally rather save and get a big turbo.
Same as you APR K04, hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

victor247

Passed Driver's Ed
There's plenty here that run race files using meth spray, I'm not sure if that's what you're asking.

I was asking about running 100oct WITHOUT the meth.
Or running e85.
its my daily and been running it with 93 for some for two years. I just ran an M5 last week. I held up for a bit but then he walks me. Though I would make it a bit more interesting.

Or just take my 335i and eat him but thats no fun.

FriggenT1

Banned
Or running e85.
its my daily and been running it with 93 for some for two years. I just ran an M5 last week. I held up for a bit but then he walks me. Though I would make it a bit more interesting.

So why not just run the spray?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
running meth should give you more benefits than 100 octane, due to the massive temp drops.

same for e85, if you want to upgrade your system for it, suffer 1/3 less mileage per tank and drive far away to find it all the time. I did that for a year and it was awesome but the long drives and lost economy was just gay on a 10-11 gal tank lol

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone is running 100oct or e85 here?
I have an MK6 with a KO4 and APR v3.2 tune.
I have the following maps 91,93, and 100oct.
I'm looking to try the 100oct without meth. Anyone have good results?
I also run full e85 in my 335i single turbo and wanted to try it on my mk6. Anyone doing it? I was thinking to add 2 gallons of e85 to a full tank of 91 octane.

100oct you can run with out changing your fueling hardware

e85 to really get the benefits you will need injectors, LPFP and a tune (specific for e85) at the very minimum. Adding 2 gallons of e85 to 91 is barely getting you to a relative 93oct.

Last edited:

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
running meth should give you more benefits than 100 octane, due to the massive temp drops.

same for e85, if you want to upgrade your system for it, suffer 1/3 less mileage per tank and drive far away to find it all the time. I did that for a year and it was awesome but the long drives and lost economy was just gay on a 10-11 gal tank lol

HA! Yea I'm about 16-18mpg right now. Luckily the closest station to my house is my e85 source.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
good for you! my closest station was 15 miles away, and I was getting like 12mg! it sucked, i'd use over 2 gallons of fuel JUST to get gas! haha

400 whp big supercharger cobalt was thirsty!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Or running e85.

If you dont want to run 93 + meth to get 100 octane... you will need to get 100 octane gas..

I don't feel like putting more money into it. Thought to maybe try a different fuel.
so they throw 100 octane in and switch maps?
I dont see what the question is here... there is a reason they have a 100 octane map.

pcfoo

Passed Driver's Ed
100 Oct in SoCal is like $8~$10/gal in the few places where you can get it at the pump (Mar 17).
Meanwhile E85 stations are abundant and cost per gal is like 60% that of 91 pump.

For people with a COBB AP and the cost of a single tank of 100 pump gas burning their wallet ($125 to be precise), they could try a Stratified E30 tune that doesn't require any additional mods to your fuel system, but promises that extra oomph.

Sure, K04 guys will need to spend more for the "Pro Tune" for E30 ($250 afaik), but that is still not that bad...run the tank low and revert back to your 91/93 tune if you want some MPG back.

I am contemplating a E30 tune "for those days" myself =)
Sounds like the gains with "otherwise stock" motor / no bolt-ons are at least halfway that of a Stage 2 downpipe...noob builders can dream too, eh?

adema69

Ready to race!
Why not just run water meth? 100 octane is 1 expensive idk by you but its like 7-8 a gallon. 2 or three tanks of 100 octane will cost you as much as a meth kit.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Our cars require a lot of modifications to run true E85. Just look at rotaryknight