GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steemax's Bagged F23T

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Thought I'd update my thread.... Meth build is complete although I found out I'll need a solenoid since the check valve is not enough to hold the nozzle shut while under vacuum so my car siphoned up all 3 quarts in just 2 days of driving and not spraying at all. Solenoid is arriving today so I'll just throw that in and all will be good to go. I'll also be getting on a dyno Saturday. Going to do a single pull with 91 oct map and W/M off then 2 pulls with 93 map and W/M turned on... Will be using 91 fuel since that's all us peasants in Cali get.

Also have a new shopping list: SuperPro ALK, and full BSH mounts, my auto tech insert is no longer cutting it after switching to Revos software + W/M.

Here are some pics for your pleasure, mind you that TB spacer was a royal pain to install. I've done air ride suspension installs, Turbo back installs and nothing compares to this. Had to leave the car half out of commission for a couple days and take my time with it.

Sent from my BendGate Plus.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Installed a solenoid for the water meth setup to stop the siphoning! And damn the flash on my cam really brings out the dirt on that filter... can't see any of that in person.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Looks like we're both running the same "system arm" switch, gotta love peoples reactions to seeing it for the first time LOL.

So, hows the meth system running now, do any logging?

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Hmm so you say you want SuperPro alk and BSH mounts? I might be your guy ;)

Explain yourself! :p
Don't just tease me.

Looks like we're both running the same "system arm" switch, gotta love peoples reactions to seeing it for the first time LOL.

So, hows the meth system running now, do any logging?

Haha yeah, it adds character in a way... although most people just think it's Nitrous :rolleyes:

But everything is running just great now that I added the solenoid. No more siphoning and going through the whole tank of meth in just 2 days without spraying lol. Although I'm not sure i'm done with my setup. I'm now looking at getting one of those 2.5g SP tanks + dual nozzle kit with the BSH pipe. But for the moment the priority is getting my engine/trans mounts sorted out.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Haha yeah, it adds character in a way... although most people just think it's Nitrous :rolleyes:

But everything is running just great now that I added the solenoid. No more siphoning and going through the whole tank of meth in just 2 days without spraying lol. Although I'm not sure i'm done with my setup. I'm now looking at getting one of those 2.5g SP tanks + dual nozzle kit with the BSH pipe. But for the moment the priority is getting my engine/trans mounts sorted out.

Good to hear.

I didn't think that small tank was going to last long in there LOL. Bigger is always better as long as your willing to give up some trunk space.

Dual nozzle will be simple too since you can just "T" off the main line and run down to the throttle body pipe bung with a check valve/nozzle.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Good to hear.

I didn't think that small tank was going to last long in there LOL. Bigger is always better as long as your willing to give up some trunk space.

Dual nozzle will be simple too since you can just "T" off the main line and run down to the throttle body pipe bung with a check valve/nozzle.

Yeah I really don't want to have to constantly fill up that little tank but i do like the idea of a side mounted tank. I'm thinking perhaps I'll get that DO tank that way I can still have access to my spare tire.

As for the dual nozzle it seems simple enough, but which nozzle size do you think would be good. I currently have the 175ml in the spacer... perhaps the 100ml will be a good size. small enough to atomize with the charge air to avoid any TB issues but large enough to provide good enough cooling.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I really don't want to have to constantly fill up that little tank but i do like the idea of a side mounted tank. I'm thinking perhaps I'll get that DO tank that way I can still have access to my spare tire.

As for the dual nozzle it seems simple enough, but which nozzle size do you think would be good. I currently have the 175ml in the spacer... perhaps the 100ml will be a good size. small enough to atomize with the charge air to avoid any TB issues but large enough to provide good enough cooling.

I'm not too familiar with the post TB setups or what your overall goals are as far as meth goes. Maybe ask about nozzle sizing in the meth thread.

I'm running a 175ml in my TB pipe right now on the ihi turbo. Once I go K04, which will probably be pretty soon I have a 225ml nozzle that I might try since I'll be moving more air.

My manifold jets are 60ml. But my system still needs a lot of adjusting and logging. I am flowing way too much according to my gauge, even with pump pressure turned way down. Its frustrating.

I would be curious as to what you are flowing at with the 175ml with I'm assuming a 200psi pump at full pressure.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
I'm not too familiar with the post TB setups or what your overall goals are as far as meth goes. Maybe ask about nozzle sizing in the meth thread.

I'm running a 175ml in my TB pipe right now on the ihi turbo. Once I go K04, which will probably be pretty soon I have a 225ml nozzle that I might try since I'll be moving more air.

My manifold jets are 60ml. But my system still needs a lot of adjusting and logging. I am flowing way too much according to my gauge, even with pump pressure turned way down. Its frustrating.

I would be curious as to what you are flowing at with the 175ml with I'm assuming a 200psi pump at full pressure.

Gotcha... I didn't realize you had a DPI setup... now i remember I think you bought Andre's setup.

Also i'm not sure what i'm flowing either. I haven't touched the pump setting and Snow performance is advertising the pump at 300psi. I thought all manufactures use the same pump with a maximum of 250 psi but I suppose There are some differences.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Gotcha... I didn't realize you had a DPI setup... now i remember I think you bought Andre's setup.

Also i'm not sure what i'm flowing either. I haven't touched the pump setting and Snow performance is advertising the pump at 300psi. I thought all manufactures use the same pump with a maximum of 250 psi but I suppose There are some differences.

Wow, 300psi! I can guarantee your spraying way over 175ml/min LOL. I'm running an aem pump which is 200 psi. I have it adjusted all the way down and I'm still over spraying.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Wow, 300psi! I can guarantee your spraying way over 175ml/min LOL. I'm running an aem pump which is 200 psi. I have it adjusted all the way down and I'm still over spraying.

I tried looking everywhere and I can't find anything about what it comes set to from the factory.

If it was running at 300 psi it would make sense why I'm using 1/8's of the 3qt tank in just one WOT pull :lol:

Question... do you back out the screw to reduce pressure?

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
I tried looking everywhere and I can't find anything about what it comes set to from the factory.

If it was running at 300 psi it would make sense why I'm using 1/8's of the 3qt tank in just one WOT pull :lol:

Question... do you back out the screw to reduce pressure?

I believe they are set to max pressure from factory. Yes back the screw out to lower pressure.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Alright so took apart some of the meth setup AGAIN lol... It was bugging me, the solenoid felt like was ghetto mounted and I didn't like the idea that the tubing was running through the interior.

New tubing is coming in tomorrow so I won't have mix matched tubing. It will be all black and stealth. Also ordered some 2000 F heat resistance sheathing to run the tubing through to protect from any engine/turbo heat and or road debris. I'll have it all back up and running again tomorrow.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Re-did my meth lines. I didn't like the idea of it running through the interior in a ghetto fashion. Plus I wanted the engine bay to look stealth so I relocated the solenoid to the hatch and ran the tubing under the car along side the fuel line and into the hatch.

Engine bay before:

Engine bay after:

And some more pics, PS i really need to clean my engine bay.

Sent from my BendGate Plus.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Did another thing...
BSH engine mount and transmission mount
Was a lot easier then I thought, took all of 45 minutes :0
Now my car feels/sounds like a John Dear tractor... yay!