GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Leftover 13 GTI DE Good deal?

JPGTIST

Hi guys, new to the forum and to the GTI. I have a 13 Focus ST and I'm looking at a GTI for the wife. Local dealer has a leftover 13 Drivers Edition stickered at 31k and some change. They're offering 6k off plus tax tag title. Sounds like a lot of car for the money. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
That's a deal. I wouldn't say it's a great deal, but it's a deal.

You can get an MK7 for around $25k but a base model.

DE is fully loaded so it's not bad. Heck, I got my Wolfsburg for that much.

dynamiik

Ready to race!
leftover '13? damn been sitting for a while

JPGTIST

Yeah I thought the same thing. When I saw it on the lot with a 2013 sticker on the windshield I assumed it was used. My only concern is that I'll go from new car to 2 year old used car as soon as I drive it off the lot. But, I wouldn't come close to that price on a 2015 with leather and all the other options the 13 has.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i mean it should have already had 1-2 oil changes and been driven at least a few times a month. so it can't be that bad.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
As long as you plan to keep it a long while.. it will be worth about 19k most the second you drive it off the lot. Thats $6000 in the hole to start with. They were giving out $5000 off Driver Editions like candy a year ago, the price isnt that amazing.

Sebastian89

Ready to race!
Get about 3 more k off, and then it'll be worth it. If Noone buys it by the end of the year, they'll probably buy it themselves (the dealership) and sell it again as a cpo, so their numbers still look good and they can get more picks on cars. So I'd definitely try to talk them down some.

jtbazz

Passed Driver's Ed
Also, trade in value on a 2013 Drivers Edition is $23,00 so if you traded it in right away you would only take a 2 grand loss which is great on a new car. The depreciation has been priced in and then some. I buy a ton of cars and that deal is good.

JPGTIST

Yes. Butler VW. Got it listed on the website at sticker but they were quick to drop the price. I see you're in GA. You interested in it?

Jmoore412

Ready to race!
Not interested in it just picked up a 2013 Golf R and already have a 2014 GTI. I saw it on their lot and figured since you are in GA odds are it was the one at Butler. I do not recommend their service department and my experience with them have not been good. I drive 2 hours to Gunther in Buford over dealing with Butler.

rokketman

Ready to race!
just picking out the jewels out of what others have said (mk7 is 25k base and might I add.....~1.5x the car , the 2013 car will be 2 years old as soon as you drive off lot, dealer needs to make a deal by EOY or suffer financial ramifications, and the deal is not great.)

2013 model still on the lot? It has to have some kind of baggage. Maybe the detail guy talked the sales manager into letting him ring it out since it's basically a relic.

Trade in of 23k probably means 20-21k actual trade in. unless that 23k trade jtbazz provided is not KBB.

Jmoore412

Ready to race!
just picking out the jewels out of what others have said (mk7 is 25k base and might I add.....~1.5x the car , the 2013 car will be 2 years old as soon as you drive off lot, dealer needs to make a deal by EOY or suffer financial ramifications, and the deal is not great.)

2013 model still on the lot? It has to have some kind of baggage. Maybe the detail guy talked the sales manager into letting him ring it out since it's basically a relic.

Trade in of 23k probably means 20-21k actual trade in. unless that 23k trade jtbazz provided is not KBB.

99.9% of the time i would agree a 2013 still sitting on a lot would be something to worry about though after dealing with this dealership odds are they couldn't sell it. Macon is the hood you don't see many VW's cant really fit 32" wheels on them. I tried to order a new MK7 and wanted to pay cash and this dealership was to lazy to order the car.