Turbos Galore
Here are some pricing notes for our upcoming kit. It will include these items:

• F25 turbo with integrated diverter valve
  • Oil lines and adapters for connection to the engine
  • Intake piping with emissions-compliant hoses/lines
  • Ceramic-coated tubular steel exhaust manifold
  • Tubular steel up-pipe adapter for stock exhaust systems
  • Intercooler piping with integrated MAF sensor flange

Pricing for this kit will be under $2000. If that strikes you as too much to pay for the makings of a 400bhp car, you can stop following the thread now.

Thx

RenoMK6

Passed Driver's Ed
Here are some pricing notes for our upcoming kit. It will include these items:

• F25 turbo with integrated diverter valve
  • Oil lines and adapters for connection to the engine
  • Intake piping with emissions-compliant hoses/lines
  • Ceramic-coated tubular steel exhaust manifold
  • Tubular steel up-pipe adapter for stock exhaust systems
  • Intercooler piping with integrated MAF sensor flange

Pricing for this kit will be under $2000. If that strikes you as too much to pay for the makings of a 400bhp car, you can stop following the thread now.

Thx

At that price it would be a steal!:thumbup:

doug@frankenturbo

Turbos Galore
The manifold and up-pipe adapter are prototyped. We'll be test-fitting them to our mk5 Rabbit test car in January.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Why the log design with no real collector? Cost cutting concerns? I'm far from an expert on the matter, but it doesn't look like it would flow very well.

Curious to hear your thoughts on the design.

Rice_Pilaf

i'm so glad you went through the trouble to test fit the GTI IC on the 2.5l. Do you plan on supplying the hoses to complete the IC kit?

im assuming the mk5/mk6 gti and golf could possibly share the same mounting points on the front bumper support. When the time comes to turbo my golf, this is definitely the route i will take :)

Also, is your turbo kit requiring new injectors too?

doug@frankenturbo

Turbos Galore
Why the log design with no real collector? Cost cutting concerns? I'm far from an expert on the matter, but it doesn't look like it would flow very well.

It's certainly odd-looking. But this design lends itself well to adjustments for proper fitment. Once we have all the geometries confirmed we'll take another look at refining it. But the final design must be inexpensive to manufacture. I don't expect many 07K owners to respond favorably to an eight hundred dollar manifold.

i'm so glad you went through the trouble to test fit the GTI IC on the 2.5l. Do you plan on supplying the hoses to complete the IC kit?

im assuming the mk5/mk6 gti and golf could possibly share the same mounting points on the front bumper support. When the time comes to turbo my golf, this is definitely the route i will take :)

Also, is your turbo kit requiring new injectors too?

Given the costs and complexity of a "stock fitment" location I'm still considering the feasibility of an off-the-shelf Mk5 upgrade intercooler. The kind of thing that costs $300-400 on Ebay. We'll likely test fit one of those on the test Rabbit as well.

As for the injector spec, we will definitely be marketing the kit with Bosch 550cc injectors. They are stock-fitment and a superior design over stock.

doug@frankenturbo

Turbos Galore
Before we fit the turbo and charge piping, I want to try an alternate intercooler. We picked up one of the many inexpensive "Twintercooler" style kits from Ebay. It claims to be suited to the Mk5, so we're going to find out.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
wow. is it really a frankenturbo if it's going on an n/a motor though lol. still awesome numbers. can't be stock motor?

doug@frankenturbo

Turbos Galore
This is totally a FrankenTurbo. It's a mishmash of Mitsubishi compressor housing, a bearing housing from one Garrett and a turbine housing from another. It has our own actuator and wheels. That's the recipe for 400+ whp on a built engine with the short runner intake, bigger injectors and huge intercooler.

But on a stock motor? Look at that first graph. 360whp on an engine-safe 330 wheel torque. That's the real story here. As the turbo ships it boosts 14-16psi, creating a terrific torque curve through the rev range.