GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM bixenon to OEM bixenon with LED

Nfamous

Passed Driver's Ed
So, Dieselgate has gifted me a pair of 2012 TDI OEM bixenon headlights with LEDs. Thanks VW! I've installed the 2012 LED headlights onto my 2010 GTI that came from the factory with bixenons. My car has a euroswitch and Depo Golf R tails. Initially the LEDs did not work and there was a "check front corner bulb" error or something to that effect. Sorry, I don't remember the exact error.

As much as I dislike using shops, I took my car to a local shop and asked them to follow these coding instructions:

http://volksurf.blogspot.com/2011/09...rofit-diy.html

Currently there are no bulb out errors, but of course, the LEDs are still not working. I've been looking around for the VCDS coding to get the LEDs to function as DRLs but I'm getting a lot of conflicting information. I know this has been done properly for my exact setup. Can anyone shed some light or point me in the right direction to find the information I'm looking for?

Both the donor car and my car are North America (California) cars.

As I don't have a VAG-COM, I'd be more than willing to pay someone to take care of this for me.

Any help is much appreciated.

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
So, Dieselgate has gifted me a pair of 2012 TDI OEM bixenon headlights with LEDs. Thanks VW! I've installed the 2012 LED headlights onto my 2010 GTI that came from the factory with bixenons. My car has a euroswitch and Depo Golf R tails. Initially the LEDs did not work and there was a "check front corner bulb" error or something to that effect. Sorry, I don't remember the exact error.

As much as I dislike using shops, I took my car to a local shop and asked them to follow these coding instructions:

http://volksurf.blogspot.com/2011/09...rofit-diy.html

Currently there are no bulb out errors, but of course, the LEDs are still not working. I've been looking around for the VCDS coding to get the LEDs to function as DRLs but I'm getting a lot of conflicting information. I know this has been done properly for my exact setup. Can anyone shed some light or point me in the right direction to find the information I'm looking for?

Both the donor car and my car are North America (California) cars.

As I don't have a VAG-COM, I'd be more than willing to pay someone to take care of this for me.

Any help is much appreciated.

I believe you will need either a Highline CECM or some adapter to plug into the CECM.

I switched from Halogen to OEM LED and had to run adapter harnesses with two wires into a new Highline CECM.

Nfamous

Passed Driver's Ed
I believe you will need either a Highline CECM or some adapter to plug into the CECM.

I switched from Halogen to OEM LED and had to run adapter harnesses with two wires into a new Highline CECM.

My car came from the factory with the bixenons though. I was under the impression that meant that I have the highline CECM.

Uberryan

Banned
pretty sure it's just a vag com feature you need to activate. You already have a highline CECM

golfhappy

Ready to race!
pretty sure it's just a vag com feature you need to activate. You already have a highline CECM

Probably as above, maybe byte 18. Shouldn't need the adaptor harness as you've come from the factory with bi xenons. Again you'd have to look at the long coding.

Nfamous

Passed Driver's Ed
It looks like I might have a chance to try some coding out tomorrow. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I've been reading about bit 18 and a bunch of other bits and bytes. There just so much conflicting info that I'm getting confused. There's like 40 freakin tabs open on my browser trying to keep track of all of this. lol

Also, just to verify, there should be no wiring changes, right? I think I read something about jumping pin 10 and pin 12 at the headlight harness. Pretty sure that's only a thing if going from halogen to xenon though.

Any help or suggestions are much appreciated.

TIA

golfhappy

Ready to race!
Mine was a retrofit halogen to bi xenon drls think the link above was used for the coding. there is a pdf file with lots of codes for byte 18 over at the ross tech forum. As to the confusing part use microsoft excell spreadsheet and order the individual bytes from particular threads and you'll keep track that way,

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the tips, golfhappy. Hopefully I can get the LEDs working tonight.

Did you end up getting it working? I'm going to be working on mine this weekend.

tmsautoart

I've had these in my car for a couple years and still have not figured it out. I have the same setup. Factory bixenons to factory LED bixenons. I would love to get a definitive answer from someone who has successfully done this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
I've had these in my car for a couple years and still have not figured it out. I have the same setup. Factory bixenons to factory LED bixenons. I would love to get a definitive answer from someone who has successfully done this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey man for me I figured it out and on Byte 18, change Bit0-7: to 20. Also on Byte 27, check Bit 2. This made pretty much everything work.