GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5 cat back exhaust

i have the beats sound card in my computer, i used my in ear beats studio headphones, put the volume at 50% and 100% on YT.

im sorry to say, you have drone 0:09-0:13, 0:15-18 very noticeable,- then it's on and off, mildly.

your drone is not as bad as AWE.

drone doesn't mean your car sounds bad, but it's a constant humming noise, which is easy to identify in your video, almost 95% of aftermarket exhausts have drone. some have little, some have higher drone. No drone is when you are speeding up from cruise level lets say 50 kph, to 80 in a steady pace. stock exhausts have 2 resonators and 1 muffler most of the time and this decreases it to a very minimal. your Borla exhaust has 1 resonator and no muffler. saying I have no drone is a very big statement, you have some drone. It's like my eurojet, its very minimal and not annoying.

myMK6fool

Ready to race!
Drone:

Verb:
Make a continuous low humming sound.
Noun:
A low continuous humming sound.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
i have the beats sound card in my computer, i used my in ear beats studio headphones, put the volume at 50% and 100% on YT.

im sorry to say, you have drone 0:09-0:13, 0:15-18 very noticeable,- then it's on and off, mildly.

your drone is not as bad as AWE.

drone doesn't mean your car sounds bad, but it's a constant humming noise, which is easy to identify in your video, almost 95% of aftermarket exhausts have drone. some have little, some have higher drone. No drone is when you are speeding up from cruise level lets say 50 kph, to 80 in a steady pace. stock exhausts have 2 resonators and 1 muffler most of the time and this decreases it to a very minimal. your Borla exhaust has 1 resonator and no muffler. saying I have no drone is a very big statement, you have some drone. It's like my eurojet, its very minimal and not annoying.

If this is what drone is then I guess I have drone.

While driving my car it sounds like exhaust noise to me, not annoying like some cat-backs. I still consider drone the point at which is almost feels like a pulsating feeling in your ear and it drives you nuts. If you take out a resonator and the muffler your car is going to be louder and you will hear it which is what you are hearing in the video because I am accelerating.

I'v have been in a car with drone and even when they weren't accelerating your ears were pulsating and it really caused headaches after a while.

Basically with the times you quoted you are saying that all cars have drone. The noise you hear is me accelerating, it's just louder because of what i discussed above. Drone is not a car getting louder its what you guys said a "continuous humming". If it was a continuous humming it would have happened while maintaing my speed not just accelerating.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion

myMK6fool

Ready to race!
Drone will not be continuous, nor does it have to be. I had an AWE CBE in my MK6 2.5l. Drone was AWFUL 50-60mph, but once I passed 60 it seemed non existent unless I hit the gas. Low gears and normal driving there was very little to zero drone.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Drone will not be continuous, nor does it have to be. I had an AWE CBE in my MK6 2.5l. Drone was AWFUL 50-60mph, but once I passed 60 it seemed non existent unless I hit the gas. Low gears and normal driving there was very little to zero drone.

What I am saying is that it doesn't matter what the range is, its only there during acceleration. If you were cruising at 55mph I bet you had drone with your AWE. While accelerating from 80-90-100-110 of course its going to be loud, I'm accelerating. Thats why I cruised after every 10km/h so you guys could see it was only during acceleration.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
im not sure what you are defending?

you have drone. it doesn't matter to us. we are just telling you its there so you aren't confused.

I'm not really defending anything, I have to drive my car not you guys so defending your car for any reason doesn't make much sense.

I am just stating that it seems people forget that when you take out half the resonators and half the exhaust sections your car gets louder regardless of brand, material or quality of cat-back. That increase noise is going to be present when you accelerate, and would be more accurately called exhaust noise. Drone on the other hand, would be present even when cruising and is very noticeable as you can almost feel it in your ears.

I'm really not picking a fight or anything that's just how I see it. If the majority of people say what I explained as exhaust noise is drone then yes I have it, I just don't see it as drone. When I hear drone I think about my buddies car and how I wouldn't want to be in that thing for over 5-10min at the speeds I tested.

Jchilvz

Ready to race!
As I see it...Go with whatever you want. I like the build quality of techtonics... I've seen the welding and its really really good... plus its all american steel...no chinese stuff...as for the other ones... I really dont know much about them... If you want my advice...listen to vancity... He did a lot of work on this...he's who I went too for advice...

As I see it...Go with whatever you want. I like the build quality of techtonics... I've seen the welding and its really really good... plus its all american steel...no chinese stuff...as for the other ones... I really dont know much about them... If you want my advice...listen to vancity... He did a lot of work on this...he's who I went too for advice...

wheres the thread about your SRI??? sir you have explaining to do.. :fighting0030:

Golf Wang

Ready to race!
After watching the video. That pretty much is what im concerned with. I want silence around 50mph. Does any aftermarket exhaust have that? I want to get up around 70mph before i hear loud exhaust noise or heavy drone noise. I just want to Tom Cruise around like im stockish......I'm a sneaky driver I like to creep around unnoticed. So I guess i wont be getting an exhaust lol until im ready to be noisy. Which is around Summer i wont mind making noise after that.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
After watching the video. That pretty much is what im concerned with. I want silence around 50mph. Does any aftermarket exhaust have that? I want to get up around 70mph before i hear loud exhaust noise or heavy drone noise. I just want to Tom Cruise around like im stockish......I'm a sneaky driver I like to creep around unnoticed. So I guess i wont be getting an exhaust lol until im ready to be noisy. Which is around Summer i wont mind making noise after that.

If you don't want to hear a thing I would recommend the Borla with the dual exhaust. Mine is only loud when I'm accelerating at those speeds with the single exhaust. If you got the dual it would be much quieter.

Jchilvz

Ready to race!
wheres the thread about your SRI??? sir you have explaining to do.. :fighting0030:

So the Ecu arrived today... and omg...I have never felt power like it... I work valet like I've told you before and M1's and cars around 20,000 will thrash me...but off the line...I will give them something to worry about...starting a new thread as we speak...explaining my experience...