GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So...you guys broke me down

yunone

Ready to race!
Got my APR tune today. No downpipe yet so only 1+, but I'll work on my downpipe soon while saving up for a new clutch.

Just playing around with the 91 performance tune on the way back to work and wow, definitely night and day difference! I can't wait to fill up with 94 when I get over that way tomorrow and check out the 93 tune xD

nice! i am glad you tuned it up. Stage 2 is a whole new beast , but if you are going K04 then dont bother with stage 2 anytime soon.

where are you getting 94 octane?

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Welcome to the dark side! Stage I just leads to more and more and more mods. You sir, have just entered the fun zone.

barische

Go Kart Champion
Fortunately I'm in a situation right now where I could pretty much buy any upgrade I want and still be fine. My fear of going any further is my wife's fury more than anything, she would murder me if I went k04...she doesn't understand why I want to make my car so fast. I'll wait until she cools down fr this purchase a little before I go stage 2, because she'll know right away when I've done that as well. Have to let the pot simmer a little before I stir shit up again! :thumbdown:

lol, :paddle:

Always keep finances separate even when married lol.

thanks for the tips guys.. Me n gf got a house but probly gonna be fiance soon anyway.. Been planning on keeping finances seperate

Fordson

Ready to race!
Shoooot, if I didn't watch over my wife's finances, we'd be broke...

No, SHE'D be broke. There is a difference.

Always keep finances separate. None of my wife's business what I spend $$ on, as long as I pay my way. None of my business what she buys, either.

And this isn't theory versus practice talking - we've been married for 17 years.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Well your turbo could just magically go bad :rolleyes: oh and look what came in the mail a gt28. lol

I like the way you think! The only problem is my wife would blame my tuning for that and then be irritated, it's a win-lose type situation lol

nice! i am glad you tuned it up. Stage 2 is a whole new beast , but if you are going K04 then dont bother with stage 2 anytime soon.

There's a Cenex in Auburn that has 94, as well as a 76 that has 100, 110, and I believe a mid to high 90's octane as well (wanna say 95?).
I also read on a forum somewhere that there is possibly a gas station in Bellevue with 93, a Shell to be specific, but I don't know which one.

I found a website a few weeks ago that showed all the gas stations with their varying octanes, but I can't find it now...I'll keep searching.

Welcome to the dark side! Stage I just leads to more and more and more mods. You sir, have just entered the fun zone.

Yeah...I'm already thinking about saving up to go Stage 2, but I know that will lead to problems with my clutch faster, so I'm going to try really really hard to hold off until next year when I've got the clutch money saved up. :23:

soular

Ready to race!
No, SHE'D be broke. There is a difference.

Always keep finances separate. None of my wife's business what I spend $$ on, as long as I pay my way. None of my business what she buys, either.

And this isn't theory versus practice talking - we've been married for 17 years.
I tried that, when she ran out of money she would use credit cards. $5000 later...

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion

I found out that they have trick up in Bothell, which I believe is closer to you than Cenex in Auburn.

Thrasher's Corner Shell
Address: 20702 Bothell Everett Hwy, Bothell, WA 98012
Phone: (425) 398-3774

They have 101 and 110, the 101 is $11.95 a gallon when I called (ouch). Just have to do the math to figure out the right mixture to make it over 93, but it will cost more than finding a station with 94 octane for sure. Not sure why they don't have more stations with 93+ around here...

Fordson

Ready to race!
I tried that, when she ran out of money she would use credit cards. $5000 later...

I would say that the credit cards have to be individual too in order to defend my policy, but I guess I'm seeing the scope of your problem here.

soular

Ready to race!
I would say that the credit cards have to be individual too in order to defend my policy, but I guess I'm seeing the scope of your problem here.
Yeah, the cards were individual as well which is why I didn't discover she was using them like that until it was too late...

YangerD

Ready to race!
Ah the beauty of the married life lol. I just hope that when the time comes for my girlfriend and I to tie the knot we can still stay the way we are now with everything being separate. I've heard way too many bad things once your account becomes a joint one lol.

soular

Ready to race!
What works for some isn't going to work for others. We do better with our accounts joint since we both make the same amount of money and share all the bills. It just sucks that I have to keep a close eye on it so she doesn't overspend.

yunone

Ready to race!
I found out that they have trick up in Bothell, which I believe is closer to you than Cenex in Auburn.

Thrasher's Corner Shell
Address: 20702 Bothell Everett Hwy, Bothell, WA 98012
Phone: (425) 398-3774

They have 101 and 110, the 101 is $11.95 a gallon when I called (ouch). Just have to do the math to figure out the right mixture to make it over 93, but it will cost more than finding a station with 94 octane for sure. Not sure why they don't have more stations with 93+ around here...

That is a mile from my house and I have never seen it there....I will double check

Sent from my HTC One