GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone ordered from vwparts2go.com?

Syze00

I need a new front license plate bracket for my 2012 GTI. The dealer wanted 66.76 plus tax for a plastic bracket. I think thats a bit on the high side considering its a piece of plastic. vwparts2go.com has them cheaper but I'm not sure is they are legit, or a scam site

The part number I need is 5k0-807-285-e-9b9 if anyone knows a legit place to order from.

Has anyone had any experiences with this site? Good or bad? Does anyone have any recommendations on getting this part ordered at a reasonable price?

Thanks!!

itzsleepy

Go Kart Newbie
Vortex has some part out cars. Try those guys. If I can find mine I will give it to you. I won't be able to go to the storage unit till the weekend tho.

Syze00

I'm not familiar with vortex. Is it a store or a forum? If you would be willing to part with yours that would make my day good sir/maam. Unfortunately I just got pulled over for not having a front tag on in Texas. At least it was just a warning

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
I'm not familiar with vortex. Is it a store or a forum? If you would be willing to part with yours that would make my day good sir/maam. Unfortunately I just got pulled over for not having a front tag on in Texas. At least it was just a warning

www.vwpartsvortex.com is not the same as vwvortex (forum). I have purchased some parts from them before.

DDKing13

Ready to race!
Not gonna say vwparts2go isn't a reputable site, but my experience with them was pretty frustrating.

First of all, they don't let you enter a different shipping address, or at least I wasnt able to. I ordered a part on a tuesday night, and I ordered it 2 day delivery. In the notes of the order, I told them what address to ship it to because the system wouldn't let me specify. I get an email from them the following morning around 6AM pacific time asking for my billing and shipping address again. I promptly responded just a few minutes after. For whatever reason, they didn't respond again until THURSDAY morning, at 6AM again, to tell me that they had to cancel my order because my shipping address was not a confirmed address. It took them a whole day to realize that, when they could have just replied back to my email a couple minutes later and I would have provided them with the USPS confirmed address. Instead they waited a whole day to tell me they cant do it. I was extremely mad, because I needed the part ASAP, as I was not able to drive my car without it. Because of this, I had to fork out a grip of cash for overnight delivery from ECS.

Again, not saying it isnt a good site, but personally I won't be doing business with them again. At least not when time is an issue.

itzsleepy

Go Kart Newbie
I was referring to the forum vwvortex since I seen a few parting out cars. I will go to the storage unit tomorrow and see if I can find it.

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
vwparts2go and deutscheautoparts are just fine, shop around plenty of places to get new and used OEM parts:
1stvwparts.com
fcpeuro.com
tomsforeign.com

Syze00

Thanks for all the help and recommendations. This is a great place and very helpful

I'm tempted to order a custom european plate with my actual Texas Tag info on it and see how far that gets me.

itzsleepy

Go Kart Newbie
Hey I found my plate holder. I will take a photo when I get home for you to make sure its what you want. Again its yours if you want it just pay for the shipping