GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New to golf 2.5. Pls help.

alex74

Bought a silver 2012 base golf 2.5 with with 17" wheels 2 months ago.
I love it. Plenty of power for the city and a blast to drive.
I want to put an r valance and probably dg springs. I like the ride it had just a tad lower would be nice.
Any suggestions on getting the dual exhaust and where in Austin Texas I can have the springs put on. How much should I expect to pay to have the springs installed. Thank you

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
You would need to buy the Golf R bumper to fit the R valance. It won't fit on your Golf bumper. The gti valance will work though if you want to do a gti dual exhaust. As for springs the smallest drop you get would be from driver gear springs and the install cost can very from 80-200 dollars to install depending on the shop.

alex74

You would need to buy the Golf R bumper to fit the R valance. It won't fit on your Golf bumper. The gti valance will work though if you want to do a gti dual exhaust. As for springs the smallest drop you get would be from driver gear springs and the install cost can very from 80-200 dollars to install depending on the shop.

Thank you.

$80-200 per spring?

alex74

I like the rude if the 4x4 golf. Handles good enough for what I use it for.
Undecided on springs. I don't want it slammed. I guess you could say tighten it up a bit without a rough ride.

twodotfive

Ready to race!
Undecided on springs. I don't want it slammed. I guess you could say tighten it up a bit without a rough ride.

lol..you're not going to be "slammed" on springs. It's a mild drop. There's a DG spring thread on here somewhere with pictures of it on a GTI. You'll see the drop is not bad at all.

c72k

Go Kart Champion

pictures are atrocious, but it gives an idea. First one is just installed, second is with ~12,000 on them

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Thank you.

$80-200 per spring?

No my bad I meant to install all 4 springs it will cost any where from 80-200 dollars.

The best springs for what you are looking for are driver gear springs. They can be found here. As far As I know keffer still has the best deal on DG springs. Just make sure you get the right springs because they come in different varieties. Like 2 door manual or 4 door manual or 4 door automatic and all those different combinations.

That's nice.
How's the ride?
90% of my driving is residential with potholes and speed bumps.

Honestly the ride comfort is not bad. It is still a stiffer lowering spring so there it is going to be harsher but by no means is it uncomfortable. I have been on my DG springs for like 10k miles and they are really livable for daily driving. If you need more pictures to get a better idea of the drop you can expect there is a whole thread in the suspension section.

Good luck and hope you enjoy your ride.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Thank you.

$80-200 per spring?

no, the whole setup, alignment is likely needed to so another $100 to the equation.

driver gear and vwr springs wont bring you to slammed look, the slammed society will still call your golf a "tiguan"

That's nice.
How's the ride?

I for myself had a mk6 gti with driver gear springs, i live in DC suburbs which I'm sure the potholes are lot worse than texas imo. the springs are a little stiffer, absorbs bumps better (not a whole lot), improves handling, eliminates body roll, makes the car less bouncy due to the dampings on them.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
That's nice.
How's the ride?

Its good. Not too harsh. Still rolls through corners, but much improved. Feels much more refined. Speed bumps shouldn't be a problem, potholes might be a bit rough

DKhubs

Passed Driver's Ed

you don't need buy a Golf-R bumper. you can get Golf-R valance that fits Golf bumpers. search for it on ebay.