GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6: cosmetically disappointing

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
Its kind of crazy to think people thought mk5 looked better, because mk5 looks really outdated these days.

I suppose I'm partial because I had a mkv as my first car. I hated the black plastic bits and wanted to paint them, but I think that a mkv .:R32 is the best looking golf. mkv looks smaller, the .:R has all painted bumpers, the grille looks mean, and dat center exit :wub:

Much love for the mk6 still, but when I buy my next golf, it'll be a mkv .:R32

TakmaN

Ready to race!
I never thought I'd own a VW and thought the MK5 was nice but nothing special. When I saw the MK6, it basically had everything style wise fixed up that I didn't like about the MK5. I liked it but the FWD turned me off since I was all about dat AWDeee or RWDeee at the time.

Now that I feel like I'm slightly more grown up and mature, the MK6 had everything I wanted (fun factor, nice but subdued looks, luxury feel, good gas mileage). I just came back from a VW dealer and saw the MK7 and it looks good but I feel like there's too many sharp lines. The front looks nice but the rear seems plain.

They had a used MK6 Golf R on the lot, damn I want it.

zrickety

The Fixer
I'm in the other camp. I like the black pieces on both mkv and mk6, the contrast adds to it. Color matched looks boring. It's like color coded wheels, it's just too much.

Jhayesvw

Passed Driver's Ed
Porsche has had a very similar design on the 911 for 50 years. There is nothing wrong with not fixing what isn't broken.

The 6 is a pretty complete package of handling, looks, power, tun ability and reliability.
Sure it's not perfect. Nothing is.

My mk6 GTI is my 17th VW. I've had almost everything and I really enjoy this car 2nd to my mk3 4 door VRT. Should have kept that car. Lol

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Porsche has had a very similar design on the 911 for 50 years. There is nothing wrong with not fixing what isn't broken.

Porsche 911 is the only car in the world that can keep it's design and people love it. All the others are just lazy asses who can't make a car worth keeping. For example, Ford Crown Vic.

nik

Go Kart Champion
I didn't like the budget looking black trimmed bumpers of the mk5 and the tit lights on the rear. Preferred the mk5 Jetta for some reason. Other than that not bad. Liked the mk4. Though I didn't buy one due to price at the time. And yes holy thread revival batman!

Sent from the crapper using Fapatalk

razr390

Go Kart Champion
To be honest mk5,6,7 all have their pros and cons and they all look uniquely good but if it's between the mk5/6 I'll pick the 6 because it's less round and more "aggressive" if you will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
To be honest mk5,6,7 all have their pros and cons and they all look uniquely good but if it's between the mk5/6 I'll pick the 6 because it's less round and more "aggressive" if you will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will not.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
I will not.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie