GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone had codes P0068 & P0101 before?

gti2015

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the check engine light come on on my car (unmodified 2011 with 70k) and ran the codes. I got P0068 and P0101.

Just wondering if the problem(s) are expensive to fix, and if anyone else has had this problem? I noticed it has been hesitating pulling away from a stop. Thanks for any help!

gti2015

Passed Driver's Ed
A quick search shows those can both be related to your MAF so I would start there.

I'm planning to take it to my mechanic to get whatever's wrong fixed - I've looked up the MAF and an OEM one seems like it's between $150-200 or so.

I have seen this site that supposedly offers just the sensor, rather than having to buy the entire assembly - anyone had any experience with replacing just the sensor?

gti2015

Passed Driver's Ed
UPDATE

Update - took it in to my mechanic and he's replacing the MAF sensor.
Has anyone else had theirs fail around 70k miles? Just wondering if they usually wear out around this mileage.

Anyone know if VWNA offers reimbursement for this part failing or not?

The codes the mechanic found were 004759 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve, 000104 - MAP/MAF - Throttle Position Correlation and 000257 - Mass Air Flow Sensor. They reset the codes and only the MAF sensor code came back.

He said he might have to replace an additional part but won't know until they dig into it a bit more - the additional part is some kind of diaphragm or something that also may be worn out. So that is on order but if it's not bad they won't replace that part or charge me for it, so that's good.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Anyone know if VWNA offers reimbursement for this part failing or not?

No

He said he might have to replace an additional part but won't know until they dig into it a bit more - the additional part is some kind of diaphragm or something that also may be worn out. So that is on order but if it's not bad they won't replace that part or charge me for it, so that's good.

The PCV valve, most likley. YES, that's a good thing to change out. If that fails, you could blow out the rear main seal & that is A LOT in labor cost to change.
That is something VERY simple that you could change out on your own though, btw

With yours being a 2011 and that mileage....you might want to think about a carbon cleaning, if you haven't done that already

And also, VERY IMPORTANT, change out your timing chain tensioner. They've been known to fail, unexpectedly, and if it goes....you'll need a new engine which is $$$$.

Horror stories on the last pages of this thread:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47128&highlight=timing+chain

gti2015

Passed Driver's Ed
No

The PCV valve, most likley. YES, that's a good thing to change out. If that fails, you could blow out the rear main seal & that is A LOT in labor cost to change.

That is something VERY simple that you could change out on your own though, btw

With yours being a 2011 and that mileage....you might want to think about a carbon cleaning, if you haven't done that already

And also, VERY IMPORTANT, change out your timing chain tensioner. They've been known to fail, unexpectedly, and if it goes....you'll need a new engine which is $$$$.

Horror stories on the last pages of this thread:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47128&highlight=timing+chain

Yeah I'm going to ask about how much it would be to do a timing. Chain tensioner, I had that planned before this happened. Anyone bought the ultimate timing chain tensioner kit from ECS Tuning or have any idea how much it would cost to put in?