GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 06-13-2012, 10:34 PM   #29
veedoubleme
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2014 MB C300
Regarding the actual K04 boner question... watson here let me drive his K04, and it blew me away. I want one very badly now. Just did the downpipe for stage 2, next is intercooler, and then I'll be set for K04.

I used to just think about how cool it would be, now I think about how cool it will be. Eye on the prize.

Thanks watson for starting a new obsession.
veedoubleme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:35 PM   #30
RSMark5 <3's Rotiform
Banned

Drives: a girly car
how much smoother did the power delivery feel?
RSMark5 <3's Rotiform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #31
veedoubleme
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2014 MB C300
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSMark5 <3's Rotiform View Post
how much smoother did the power delivery feel?
Much smoother than my stage 1 tune. Now that I'm stage 2, I feel like I'm half way in between the smoothness. With K04, what grabbed me was the INSANE power from the midrange all the way to redline. It's still totally daily drivable and feels stock until you open it up, and then it just... keeps... pulling...

The IHI turbo peaks hard and quick but then out and runs out of breath to toward the end, where the K04 builds fast and then just plows through it's range until the end. It's wonderful.
veedoubleme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:55 PM   #32
RSMark5 <3's Rotiform
Banned

nice. i can not wait. going from stock to k04 this time. last time, i went stage 2 and stopped. this time, i am doing it right. i also have some big plans down the road for this VW.

/rant
Old 06-13-2012, 11:20 PM   #33
GTI_likeurmom
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: Veyron 16.4
Click image for larger version

Name:	tsi-k04-kitt.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	21726
this little yellow pervert made his way over to this page also.
I cut the tether off. When I get to the pump, I remove the cap and chuck it into the nearest bush, patch of trees, or some sort of wet lands. I pump gas. Then I spend anywhere from 5 to 165 minutes retrieving the cap. I screw it back on and drive away. I'm not letting it dangle against the paint and I don't know any better way.
GTI_likeurmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:22 PM   #34
RSMark5 <3's Rotiform
Banned

hope that kid doesnt draw a penis on this car again now.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:53 AM   #35
Rotaryknight
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2011 GTi CSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by veedoubleme View Post
Much smoother than my stage 1 tune. Now that I'm stage 2, I feel like I'm half way in between the smoothness. With K04, what grabbed me was the INSANE power from the midrange all the way to redline. It's still totally daily drivable and feels stock until you open it up, and then it just... keeps... pulling...

The IHI turbo peaks hard and quick but then out and runs out of breath to toward the end, where the K04 builds fast and then just plows through it's range until the end. It's wonderful.
I agree 100%. It's perfect for a daily driver. The power comes on strong and just look at most K04 dyno runs how smooth it is.

I mean it's not a huge jump up from stock as far as physical size but the power you get is perfect.

I've owned and driven BT high HP cars. Yea you get to brag about 600hp but half the time you never get in to full boost on the street. Plus when you do have an open road to floor it once you get in to boost at like 5k RPM it climbs so quickly you have to shift like you're masturbating on crack.

My Feedback
Rotaryknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:42 AM   #36
TDR-380
Formula 2 Champion

Drives: 2.0 TDI, R
Quote:
Originally Posted by grambles423 View Post
We all know its a huge epidemic. Have you ever gotten the K04 boner? Post about it here. Include all of your emotions and general feelings about it. You know, first time experiences, renewed faith WOT runs, and most off all......K04 kill list.
heh, why did I suspect a thread like this coming after a certain other thread where you made a certain allusion to making said thread :P confused?

I would have to say envy for now, once I get my R and get it flashed I will enjoy the pawah!

Soundaktor delete
TDR-380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:18 AM   #37
grambles423
Limited Activity

Drives: 2008.5 BMP GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDR-380 View Post
heh, why did I suspect a thread like this coming after a certain other thread where you made a certain allusion to making said thread :P confused?

I would have to say envy for now, once I get my R and get it flashed I will enjoy the pawah!
Mind = Blown from that post. But never the less....you're gonna LOVE the R. I want so bad

I agree with Rotary, the power delivery in itself is worth the $2500. I was totally happy with my choice to give up the Stage 3 kit for the K04 during the raffle. I have regretted that decision a total of 2 times.

Now I sit here with almost 13-14K miles on my K04 with not a single issue and get the K04 boner every day.
Centric Blank Rotors-Stoptech SP Pads

grambles423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:49 AM   #38
plac

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSMark5 <3's Rotiform View Post
plac, might i ask why you say the k04 may be too cheap? why? just due to quite a bit of folks getting it lately?
cuz too many people can afford it. its not special to have it, a ton of people around here have it.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #39
Bender
Banned

Drives: 2014 Focus ST
If it is fun who cares if it is special?
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #40
A_Bowers

Drives: MKVI GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by plac View Post
cuz too many people can afford it. its not special to have it, a ton of people around here have it.
Do you all have money trees? Because I would love to have one.

Build Thread::Southbend Stage 3 review::SPM Intercooler Review::SPM Full Engine Mount Review
A_Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:59 AM   #41
plac

Drives:
i guess stage 3 is the "special" one that barely anyone can or will afford. K04 is the new stage 2.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:06 AM   #42
grambles423
Limited Activity

Drives: 2008.5 BMP GTI
K04 is still a different league of power on the GTI. Its just awesome that its so affordable and you get SO much power.

We all remember when Stage 3 was only 385 hp right? It was still $5K at the time! Imagine you can pump almost 400bhp with 100oct on a K04.

While some may say its the "new" Stage 2 (or Stage 2+...I dunno) its still a blast to drive. Coupled with all of the supporting mods (Suspension, IC, Mounts, Tires, Clutch...etc.etc.) you're definitely in a bracket of winners. Also consider that some TSIs with K04s are running 12.00s in the 1/4 upwards to 119mph! Thats fucking insane for a $2500 mod.
Centric Blank Rotors-Stoptech SP Pads

grambles423 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dubpl8 bought a gerbil, maxtdi fisted mcqueen