GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

awe k04 gti vs stage1+ golfR, e90 bmw something, e46 m3

trd420

Go Kart Champion
OK, as a owner of both I'll throw in my .02 cents!
My '10 GTI K04 DSG was fast! Plain and simple!
My '13 "R" is Stage 2+ (downpipe only) is now IMHO just as quick as my GTI was. And zero wheel spin! I will admit (as everyone else has to) that I can NOT shift gears as fast as the DSG can.
My GTI dynoed at 313 WHP. Unknown for the R but APR claims 350 crank.
APR's graphs show the K04 GTI torque and HP to be much smoother that the "R" Stage 2+.
My best guess vs my two cars side by side from a 55 roll would put the GTI out front.
From a stop or even a 35 roll the "R" hands down,,,,,,,, until we reached about 100 or so then I'm thinking the GTI would pull my R.
I still would not give up my R though! It is in many ways better than my GTI was.
Especially up here in the cold snowy north!

Golf "R" Stage 2+:

K04 GTI:

Now if we could of gotten the DSG in the "R" here in the States,,,,,,,, All bets off!

Come spring,,,, Intercooler and RFD install! That ought to add another 15-20 HP.

If there is a local K04 car around here I'd be happy to do some runs with it!

Love the R but a k04 gti dsg or m/t will pull a R on anything but a dig. Even 20mph pull all take the gti. But you do sir have a better car

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
OK, as a owner of both I'll throw in my .02 cents!
My '10 GTI K04 DSG was fast! Plain and simple!
My '13 "R" is Stage 2+ (downpipe only) is now IMHO just as quick as my GTI was. And zero wheel spin! I will admit (as everyone else has to) that I can NOT shift gears as fast as the DSG can.
My GTI dynoed at 313 WHP. Unknown for the R but APR claims 350 crank.
APR's graphs show the K04 GTI torque and HP to be much smoother that the "R" Stage 2+.
My best guess vs my two cars side by side from a 55 roll would put the GTI out front.
From a stop or even a 35 roll the "R" hands down,,,,,,,, until we reached about 100 or so then I'm thinking the GTI would pull my R.
I still would not give up my R though! It is in many ways better than my GTI was.
Especially up here in the cold snowy north!

Now if we could of gotten the DSG in the "R" here in the States,,,,,,,, All bets off!

Come spring,,,, Intercooler and RFD install! That ought to add another 15-20 HP.

If there is a local K04 car around here I'd be happy to do some runs with it!

For comparison's sake, I just youtube'd for a few minutes to find the quickest k04 Golf R I could find. I found one guy overseas who did a 12.5@106 (1.83 60')with stock turbo, stock intercooler, APR 2+ and DSG. While that's an awesome ET for a bolt on R, the GTI will go 109-112 with ease and should be able to pull close to if not match the 12.50s on street tires and 93.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Agreed! They are close on the strip when equally optioned.

Gti does have better trap speed,,, as I said.

I'm guessing you don't want to compare track or wet driving though huh?
;)

Either way, whatever you have,, be it a K04 GTI or a bolt on R,
Ya gotta admit, they are FUN!!

alexsitomas

Passed Driver's Ed
I did a roll race with a stg2+ R last week from 50mph till like 110mph, and I had about a car in front and pulling. They are quick . I am ko4 fsi

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

alexsitomas

Passed Driver's Ed
There should be a sticky up here to show us noobs how to embed. but anyways, these were filmed by the girlfriend so the camera is... longways... i know, just bare with it. these were taken going home from the hamilton uno's meet, 2 dec 12. also, these video's are cg and not real... yeap...

golfr got that 4wheel awesomeness!!! was reeling him in, but had to let off twice.

golfr let me hit first i believe, but couldnt catch up after, and i let off..

this here is the e90. beautiful car.

e46 m3 had exhaust? it was a great race. i was in 4th, i shoulda started 3rd. dunno from what roll.

Nice runs btw

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
I did a roll race with a stg2+ R last week from 50mph till like 110mph, and I had about a car in front and pulling. They are quick . I am ko4 fsi

Awesome! Did you have a car length the whole time or closer to your 110 end?

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
For comparison's sake, I just youtube'd for a few minutes to find the quickest k04 Golf R I could find. I found one guy overseas who did a 12.5@106 (1.83 60')with stock turbo, stock intercooler, APR 2+ and DSG. While that's an awesome ET for a bolt on R, the GTI will go 109-112 with ease and should be able to pull close to if not match the 12.50s on street tires and 93.

11.4@120!

No, not trying to start a meat swinging contest bro, but I hear great things are on the horizon for both our engines! Hell, I'd be cool to be on a 3 lane road with some Ford/Chevy/Mitsu/Honda/whatever between us!
BTW: ya see the times of the stage 4 APR Golf R? WOW! Wish I had that kind of spare cash!
Then again, the quarter mile really isn't my thing,,,, I love blasting the twisty's!

Last edited: