GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TT-RS/Golf R master cylinder

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Hey everyone,

I just put in my TTRS MC and reservoir and I tried to power bleed my lines but air is coming out through this on the reservoir (see picture).

How are you guys plugging that tube?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

That's for the clutch line that feeds into the clutch master cylinder and throwout bearing. The MC came off of manual Tranny car. You are going to have to come up with a rubber cap or something to cover it up.

MacRadiators

Passed Driver's Ed
I found these part numbers with 25.4mm MC
Is there any difference between LHD and RHD pumps? i cant find photos of rhd pump to compare to lhd

8J2611021D RHD

8J1611021E LHD

8J1611021A LHD

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
I found these part numbers with 25.4mm MC
Is there any difference between LHD and RHD pumps? i cant find photos of rhd pump to compare to lhd

8J2611021D RHD

8J1611021E LHD

8J1611021A LHD

The rhd ones have the line connections on the opposite side so it doesn't work

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
He has the touareg rear 4 piston brakes with golfr rear calipers as ebrakes. Yoi have to use a special bracket. Ecs sells the dual calipee bracket kit.

I have just ordered all my parts for an 18z and rear 4 piston kit.

For the rear I purchased a kit from Fabless dot com that provides the necessary special mounting bracket and it utilizes the small Wilwood e-brake calipers to replace your lost parking brake capability rather that keeping your original rear caliper in place to use only as a parking brake. LINK
Wilwood parking brake caliper LINK
Also ordering RS3/TTRS MC from HS Tuning with modified reservoir. LINK

Last edited:

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
I got a hold of another 25.4 MC with booster from a 2008 3.2l TT. Does anyone know if the larger TT booster will bolt up to the mk6 GTI? I know I have to seal that br
ake sensor port that is on the booster since the automatics have a sensor that plugs there, but will it fit size wise?

LAGP

Ready to race!
I got a hold of another 25.4 MC with booster from a 2008 3.2l TT. Does anyone know if the larger TT booster will bolt up to the mk6 GTI? I know I have to seal that br
ake sensor port that is on the booster since the automatics have a sensor that plugs there, but will it fit size wise?
I think it is ok, GTI has more room under the hood, what part number do you have?

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
I think it is ok, GTI has more room under the hood, what part number do you have?

8J1614105R

I already have the MC in my car from a while back, I just thought about putting in the bigger booster :)

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Did you feel a real difference with the 3.2 MC without the bigger booster?

Yeah, it really did when i had my brembo 17z calipers and it works great with quad piston calipers in front and back. Its tge same MC as the TTRS

LAGP

Ready to race!
Do you have the part number for the master cylinder alone?

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Do you have the part number for the master cylinder alone?

It's the same as the ttrs, 8J1611021A or 8J1611021E

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Great thanks

So, i can confirm that tge TT, TTRS booster will work in the mk6 gti and we tested 2009 Tiguan booster which looks like exactly the same size as the TT one and it also works. The braking power is definitely stronger and brakes with much less pedal travel.

Last edited: