GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Using a AUX splitter and inverter powered sub

willba4

he folks,

so i only have the base sound option on the golf 90TSI, and i've noticed the whole time of owning this car its lack of bottom end. due to the fact its brand new and not wanting to void its warranty, i thought using a small 100w (measured myself) subwoofer powered by an inverter.

i'm using a AUX y splitter to split the signal from my ipod to the car AUX input, and to the subwoofer in the back. when the car is off, and the car stereo is off, the subwoofer gets signal no worries. but the instant the car stereo gets turned on, its as if all the signal is getting sucked into the stereo.

i'm just wondering if anyone knows a solution to this problem (other than using a 12v amp). as i had a simular setup in my 02 passat but never had this problem in that car (could be as i was using a AUX to tape adapter).

cheers
william

willba4

so although i still dont know why its doing it, i just so happen to have a spare airport express lying around the house. not many people can say they have a wireless subwoofer :p haha.

this should hopefully fix the problem, as the two sets of speakers (the car and the sub) are effectively powered by two devices.