GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lowering springs for mk6

SlammedGTi1

Which springs lower the gti the most...just springs not coilovers...would appreciate the info..new to vw...my g37 is on h&r's....as u can tell by my name I knew I was gonna slam thd car b4 I purchased it....

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
If you knew you were going to slam the car before you bought it, why are you asking about springs? Springs won't 'slam' your GTI.

Neuspeed or Vogtland's go lowest, but the cost + dampers to match exceeds the cost to properly 'slam' your car.

03boostedGTi

Ready to race!
i have H&R sports. they lower the car alot actually. i used to have them on my mk5 when i sold them i kept them and put them on my mk6. If you want pictures i can post them up today or i can email u them off my cell.

eaither case. H&R sports go low enought for springs. super sports go lower but are a little more agressive ride, the sports feel sporty also. all your opinion.

SlammedGTi1

If you knew you were going to slam the car before you bought it, why are you asking about springs? Springs won't 'slam' your GTI.

Neuspeed or Vogtland's go lowest, but the cost + dampers to match exceeds the cost to properly 'slam' your car.

Nah ain't trying to tuck it like bags do..just want hug the ground a lik

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
considering FK lowering springs myself.any good?

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Nah ain't trying to tuck it like bags do..just want hug the ground a lik

Sorry, we must have different definitions of 'slam'. At any rate, any spring that drops the car ~2" is going to make short work of the stock dampers. The price of springs + dampers is ~$650-800 on average. You can get a wide selection of quality coilovers to 'slam' your car to your personal tastes for the same money.

If you're still looking to just do springs, like I posted earlier Vogtlands drop 50mm (and sometimes a little more) and SuperSports which drop it also around 2" and Neuspeed race springs which are just under 2" IIRC. I'd suggest doing dampers at the same time because it will ride like stagecoach on stockers.

SlammedGTi1

What kinda coils do you think is good for a decent price...

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Totally an open ended question. Everyones 'needs' are different depending on their goals. However, IMO Koni's are probably one of the best all around coilovers for the MK6. A bit above $800 (new) They are comfortable at darn near any height. Go some what low, pretty good warranty.

If you really care about getting low, and don't really care about having a dampening adjustable suspension. FK streetlines takes care of everything. They range from ~2" lower than stock to probably ~4" lower than stock (way more than they advertise), but don't have the best warranty, and probably aren't quite as comfortable as the koni's but they have them spanked in price ($500)

There really are a ton of possibilities. Search around a little and see what other people are using. ST coilovers seem to be pretty popular with the MK6 guys (but don't go as low) as is H&R's KW's etc....