GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Light Bar?

zrickety

The Fixer
Looks pretty sweet.

MK6 Will

Passed Driver's Ed
I did a little 12" led light bar in the grille and I love it. I could have done the 18" or 24" but my shop didn't have them in at the time. It works great on the backroads especially on foggy nights.

You can kind of see it here.
That's the setup I was thinking of trying. I'm still reading through the thread and it may be answered here soon but any concerns about the heat from that light affecting the intercooler?

MK6 Will

Passed Driver's Ed
Finished my install! pretty happy with the end results, need to aim it properly though. i do wish it was brighter though.

Finished wiring. Relay is a HELLA weather proof relay and matching harness

For now, its just switched with a simple switch until i get my proper one. i want this to look as OEM as possible

End result
yes, there are holes in my bumper from removing the plate, working on filling those is next.

EDIT: so after doing some nighttime driving, im really happy with the bar i installed. while headlights are more directed, this illuminates more around, especially the sides of the road. since i live in an area heavily populated with deer, this is very nice! right now between high beams and the LED bar, i can light up buildings from about a quarter mile away :D
Looks good
I did a little 12" led light bar in the grille and I love it. I could have done the 18" or 24" but my shop didn't have them in at the time. It works great on the backroads especially on foggy nights.

You can kind of see it here.

Andrew429

Ready to race!
That's mine!!! My friend just stumbled across this thread. I know I'm a little late to the party, but if anyone has any question, I'd love to answer them.

I kinda want to do this when I get a ski rack when winter comes again. That would be great on the drive back from the ski resort since the highway is pitch black with no street lights. Is there any other way of getting the wire inside the car if it's mounted on top instead of going through the door? Or I'll just mount one in the bumper? Does the light bar in the bumper illuminate farther down the road or is it just like the fog lights?

Sean R

Ready to race!
If you are looking for better lighting at night a LED light bar is a must. I just mounted my 20" V2 light bar from www.briteniteled.com on my GTI. The install was pretty straight forward This bar is simply amazing the qualty is top notch and the customer service is great from Briteniteled.com. I will post up pics of the install and the bar at night. .

MK6 Will

Passed Driver's Ed
So I forgot to post these when I finished but here's the finished product.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
Looks good but I think you lose some cooling.

MK6 Will

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks good but I think you lose some cooling.
Ya, I thought about that too. I'm not worried about it cooling at night when I'd use it just because of the cooler nights but it still blocks some some stuff. I haven't had any issues with overheating but I'm not too sure how to tell if I get heat soak or not.

Drive it like you stole it

MK6 Will

Passed Driver's Ed

I took it on the track today. It was 92 outside and after driving it hard it didn't seem to make it run hotter. But if I'm getting heatsoak, I don't know. I'm not sure what the symptoms are of it here's some more pictures of it

goose1

Ready to race!

I took it on the track today. It was 92 outside and after driving it hard it didn't seem to make it run hotter. But if I'm getting heatsoak, I don't know. I'm not sure what the symptoms are of it here's some more pictures of it

Two questions, one are you stock tune, and second do you have an aftermarket intercooler?

sent via carrier potato

MK6 Will

Passed Driver's Ed
Two questions, one are you stock tune, and second do you have an aftermarket intercooler?

sent via carrier potato
Apr stage 2, Apr downpipe, and Ingen intake.

Intercooler is next on the list.

MK6 Will

Passed Driver's Ed
Don't block your intercooler guys.
You say that, and I generally agree, but assume that you say that because I'll create heatsoak by blocking it. It's that correct? If so, what are the symptoms of it? I'm not blocking the air flow with cardboard or anything. There's about 2 inches behind that light. Sure it's blocking it, but not absolutely not letting air pass like putting cardboard on it.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
Your setup looks good. When you get heat soak you will know it. Especially when starting from a stop.
Does the maker of that light bar have a diagram of the light output? I'm wondering if it is like a driving light beam that goes far down the road or a fog type beam that is wide & low. Brightness is good, but the light needs to be controlled to be useful.