GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Passenger side intake

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
I read a few old threads about the short run of BSH Phoenix Rising intakes. It seemed like a very good idea being that it routes the intake away from the exhaust manifold.

Is there a reason why this didnt catch on? Does an aftermarket heat shield make this a pointless mod? Just curious. I've contacted Eurocars and he said he could fab something up but he needs a Golf R local to him (Indiana) to test fitment.

rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
It had awesome gains from what i remember. They ran into issues with the hood strut hitting and people bending their hoods. I think general fitment is difficult too. But it apparently made sick power and great throttle response since it was shorter and didn't sit over the hot exhaust manifold/ turbine housing and cook.

Wish others had done this.

I read a few old threads about the short run of BSH Phoenix Rising intakes. It seemed like a very good idea being that it routes the intake away from the exhaust manifold.

Is there a reason why this didnt catch on? Does an aftermarket heat shield make this a pointless mod? Just curious. I've contacted Eurocars and he said he could fab something up but he needs a Golf R local to him (Indiana) to test fitment.

zrickety

The Fixer
I feel like wrapping the other intakes is just as effective. The MAF sensor placement can be the tricky part.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
most people complained about the cost since it requires a new maf built into the intake and a maf sensor extension. but it was a great product.