GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hard Jerk when I let off the gas

Mensurpj1

Ready to race!
wondering if anyone else had this, I sit in traffic a lot and i notice when i accelerate in 1st or 2nd gear then let off the gas...instead of the car smoothly decelerating it jerks...to the point where i actually move forward in my seat everytime. only happens at lower gears and speeds.

Engine mounts maybe? Trans mount?

I have the 034 dogbone insert only.

Paytrose

Ready to race!
same thing happens to me in my GTI. I believe it happened before I got the stage 1 and still happens at stage 1. I am totally guessing, but I think it would have to do with the gearing. Aren't the lower gears at a higher ratio?

EDIT: My car jerks only once when letting go of the gas pedal, then gradually slows down. If you are experiencing multiple jerks on the deceleration, that may be a different story.

EDIT2: I think this is normal.

Last edited:

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
I have the same thing, and it has always happened. This is my first manual, so if anything feels off, I feel like my trans or clutch is getting ready to explode. I also believe it to be normal.

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
My DSG does this, I believe it's the engine braking/clutches grabbing and then when it stops the DSG has released pressure on the clutches and is in neutral. Saw someone else post this a few months back so I'm not 100% positive

Paytrose

Ready to race!