GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne DSG Tune

Nezoid

Ready to race!
**********************Wall of Test Warning***********************************

Well since there doesn't seem to be a lot information regarding Eurodyne DSG tune I figured why not start something.

********** Brain Dump *************

Well to start I already have an Eurodyne tune with the F23T. Going with the DSG tune would only cost $375. (6 Credits, vs 8 credits if new customer to Eurodyne) If you're already tuned via Eurodyne (Maestro/Powertap) you can check to see what/if DSG tune is available to you through Eurodyne Flash.

Anywho, so I check and my DSG is supported but only the only file availible was "stage 2". Plus it required 8 Credits :(…. $500.

I emailed them.. Asked them if there was a stage 1 file available and why it required 8 credits. They ask for my VIN and they will look into it. So I provided the VIN and waited for a replay.... Here is where people complain (and myself) about eurodyne customer service. Even though he replied less than 24 hours when I asked about the credit/stage 2 DSG situation... I didn't hear anything afterwards ( stage2/8 credits)

So (+3... -7)days later I hook up my cable for fun to see if there is any updates.. Well now.. The only file available is stage 1 :) and.. It only requires 6 credits.. More :) Now I just need to find out the difference between stage 1 / 2. Anyhwho...

So I buy it. Install it... blah.. Blah.. Blah..

Now the important-ish part...........

Is it worth it??? To me? It depends. Are you happy with your DSG and it's oddity's?? If so, pass and save yourself 5 min of reading...

--- DSG Problems ---

From day 1 with this car.. the whole DSG confusion with "California Stop" made me annoyed with it. There was even a time or two where my wife commented on if I was going to stall the car.... Stall.. An "automatic" due to it struggling to move....

Another issue with me and the DSG is the "M" shifting.. I dunno why.. But I use it too and from work. Maybe with my Cali stop.. I could control-ish the confusion?? Anyway.. To me. Manual shifting always a suggestion to the gear box.. Where there is a 1/2ish second (guess) delay from me moving my hand to the gear actually changing.

Then there is Sport.. I never used it because it would just want to just rev the shit of the engine in casual city driving.

Lastly. MPG.. Never had an issue with it.. With my 15min commute to work.. I would get from 25-31mpg depending how angry that stop sign was muggin me.

--Eurodyne DSG fix.... --nofix---

-D- mode... is usable to me.. Me and my California stops.. Are no longer an issue. It will stay in 2nd and let me to pull away without looking like a 5 yr old in a standard. It will only go into 1st when you stop... stop... works for me..

-M- So now.. This surprised me.. When you shift in –m- it actually shifts.. Fast. It's is almost instant.. It actually impressed me.. It's like I'm in control, and not like I'm like.. Hey there DSG... I think we should shift.. How do you feel about that???? And the DSG will do so or not.... So I like that part...

****!!!!! Negative !!!!!! **** about –m- so that whole Cali stop that I love to do?? Well –m- doesn't like it either... if I'm casually driving in –m- like I do to/from work.. -m- I'll roll up to a stop in 2nd.. And it will drop to first........ when I start moving from a 1mph stop... and of course it is slightly confused.. And hesitate.. And I sit there while it thinks about it by playing solitaire..

I actually decided to send Eurodyne an email on this issue (Just now).. Will update if/when I hear something.

Hmmm.. What else.. -D- did seem different in driving with more static (not sure the right words) as if.. Speed = %.. rpm = %.. then shift... Hard to explain.and never noticed (nor payed attention).. Like if you are acceleration at slow speed it will shift at exactly 25mph..30mph...35mph.... (Not real values.. Just example)… before if felt more like it depended on load/speed.. Which I'm sure it still is.. Just different values... If you have questions regarding this.. Ask... Maybe I can answer better.

Now MPG.. Well surprised by this.. I think the best prior to the tune.. I got 32-33?? From work-home... and that was trying. Well shortly after getting the tune I hit 35-36 without trying.. I dunno.. Glitch in the Matix?? But it is constant.. Go figure.. Now I'm not saying you will get better mpg with it.. I do.. With my short "city" drive. I have not drove a long-ish distance yet.. When I do I can update this post..

Umm.. TLDR..

Would I buy it again? Yes.. Just because of –d- mode... if I had to pay $500.. Probably not.

I don't race.. I just like having a fast car.. And I want that fast car to listen to me... this tune does help with that.

If you're curious about any specific about the Tune.. I can test.. And answer..

.and I'm done...

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
Thanks for the info. I've gone back and forth on whether I want a DSG tune or not.

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
Thanks for the info. I've gone back and forth on whether I want a DSG tune or not.

Stage 2 I personally don't think the DSG tune is worth it, with a K04/F23t there's people who say they must have it or say it's not necessary, guess it depends if you're just daily driving or tracking/autocrossing the car.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
Stage 2 I personally don't think the DSG tune is worth it, with a K04/F23t there's people who say they must have it or say it's not necessary, guess it depends if you're just daily driving or tracking/autocrossing the car.

Exactly. All of that aside, there are so many other mods that I think would yield more bang for your buck anyway.

FriggenT1

Banned

You do have to be careful, more aggressive tunes can definitely put added strain that a dsg tune would help with, as well as the fact that it helps some of the small issues that many don't like about it.

That being said all dsg tunes are NOT created equal from what I've read and talked to people about.

Nezoid

Ready to race!
So just to update on my post "

I
actually decided to send Eurodyne an email on this issue (Just now).. Will update if/when I hear something."

It was regarding the "issue" when in -m- doing a rolling stop in 2nd behaves just like -d- did stock.

I received a response.. stating the DSG will downshift as not to stall the car.. So it is working as intended.

Could be me.. Could not be me.. But I can come to a 1mph stop and accelerate in -d- and it will not down shift/hesitate/make me question why I got a DSG.. But in -m- it will downshift a low speed casual driving..

So.. yeah. Working as intended thumbs up/down.

siupo1281

Ready to race!
thanks for the review. i want to get that because is only require me 6 credits to download the tune, which save me about 200 over from apr or unitronic.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
I've been Eurodyne DSG tune for close to two years. Never had any issues with it. Holds power and shifts fast. I was on another tuner's DSG tune that didn't seem to play nice with my ECU tune. I would slip in higher gears. No issues with the ED DSG tune.

Holds 400whp and has been beaten up repeatedly including at the European Car Magazine event last year where we had a driver in the car and was told just go for times no matter what.

a3scott20

Ready to race!
I've been Eurodyne DSG tune for close to two years. Never had any issues with it. Holds power and shifts fast. I was on another tuner's DSG tune that didn't seem to play nice with my ECU tune. I would slip in higher gears. No issues with the ED DSG tune.

Holds 400whp and has been beaten up repeatedly including at the European Car Magazine event last year where we had a driver in the car and was told just go for times no matter what.

I didn't know that Eurodyne have DSG software that long, they even replied to me that Maestro is not ready for DSG few days ago and only stage 1 is available at the moment.

Gu4rDi4N

Hello,

I'm sorry to continue refloating posts ...

Currently what about the DSG Tune for Golf VI R DSG 2012?

Eurodyne

For my DSG they only have Stage 1.