GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's It Take To Beat G35?

Chef_R_Gamie

Ready to race!
I absolutely embarrassed one about a week or so ago and he got a little head start off the line .....if stage 1+ R destroyed him then I'm assuming a gti stage one + would have a shot !

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion

RaV$

Ready to race!
my buddy has an 05 g35 and when i was a stock i beat him pretty easy.. when i went stage 1 i pulled away very easily.

fr4c

Ready to race!
Took care of one last night on a merging on-ramp as he was riding on my bumper for a good mile. Hit the straight, dropped to 4th, and pulled away pretty easily. He punched it too as I think he wanted to do a double merge through the solid white line just to get in front of me (found out later as I exited that he's probably running intake, and a HKS exhaust).

The entire way back he kind of stayed a good 3-4 cars back, every time I slowed he slowed. I'm Stage 2+.

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
My buddy has a 08 G35x and is always talking about how he would take (not doubting he would since I am stock), but what you think I'd need to do before I could shut him up?

ben_m

Ready to race!
My buddy has a 08 G35x and is always talking about how he would take (not doubting he would since I am stock), but what you think I'd need to do before I could shut him up?

G35x will kill you. Unless the battery is dead, kinda like what my wife just called to tell me...

Probably stage1+ at a minimum just to keep up with him.

0-60 is 5.7 for the g35x, 6.4 for GTI with DSG. Its a pretty big gap

riceburner

Autocross Champion
okay guys... miata vs 2017 mustang gt... go

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
Wow talk about bringing back a dead thread.... lol

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
G35x will kill you. Unless the battery is dead, kinda like what my wife just called to tell me...

Probably stage1+ at a minimum just to keep up with him.

0-60 is 5.7 for the g35x, 6.4 for GTI with DSG. Its a pretty big gap

I was thinking APR stage 1 when I am back from school, unless I get a downpipe and go straight to stage 2. If it ever happened it would be a roll cause I know a dig would be a massacre

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
It takes a stage 1 tune . That is all. And stock your competition form about 20 to 70 ish mph. My brother has a Altima 3.5 v6 which is a slightly detuned version of the 280 something hp g35 . When I turned stage 1 last year I stomped him . Along with other g35 coupes and sedans . I even beat a early gen g37 coupe and a few g37x sedans. I lost to only 1 black g35x . I was already running hard before I crossed him on the street and I swear sometimes I feel as tho my car is running better at 90% throttle opposed to 100% throttle . He red lined all gears and beat me by about a car length from 30 to about 80 mph starting at zero at stoplight .

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
It takes a stage 1 tune . That is all. And stock your competition form about 20 to 70 ish mph. My brother has a Altima 3.5 v6 which is a slightly detuned version of the 280 something hp g35 . When I turned stage 1 last year I stomped him . Along with other g35 coupes and sedans . I even beat a early gen g37 coupe and a few g37x sedans. I lost to only 1 black g35x . I was already running hard before I crossed him on the street and I swear sometimes I feel as tho my car is running better at 90% throttle opposed to 100% throttle . He red lined all gears and beat me by about a car length from 30 to about 80 mph starting at zero at stoplight .

sounds like you need kay oh four.

ben_m

Ready to race!
I was thinking APR stage 1 when I am back from school, unless I get a downpipe and go straight to stage 2. If it ever happened it would be a roll cause I know a dig would be a massacre

If I could get the wife to look the other way I could get stage1 and then test the cars back to back. Lol.

I think a tune and good tires would keep it close.

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
Bringing back a dead thread once again!!:bellyroll: How about a Cobb Stage 1+ with Michelin PSS from a 30 roll against a 07 G35x?