GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lean Code CEL Issues

Dybz

Banned
Have it smoke tested through the dipstick and see if the rear main is leaking

someone else said it might be rear main seal this morning... would not be cool.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
It would be covered by power train warranty up to 60K. That's the time to do an aftermarket clutch if youth have a manual since the clutch and flywheel have to be removed to do the rear main so there should be no extra labor. Whenever I do them on animal trans cars I at least push they buy the throw out bearing, get rid of the 2 piece plastic slave and use the new one piece metal on for like $120 while it's all apart for free.

Dybz

Banned
It would be covered by power train warranty up to 60K. That's the time to do an aftermarket clutch if youth have a manual since the clutch and flywheel have to be removed to do the rear main so there should be no extra labor. Whenever I do them on animal trans cars I at least push they buy the throw out bearing, get rid of the 2 piece plastic slave and use the new one piece metal on for like $120 while it's all apart for free.

i'm just under 60,250. hoping they'll cover it due to it being so barely over. do dealerships have the smoke test tools? also i'm dsg so no to clutch for me.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
You'll have to pay diag for sure and then see if they will good will it if that is the problem. But yes dealers have the smoke machine.

Dybz

Banned
Yes sir... rear main seal is the issue, plus timing chain cover is leaking oil too. yay stage 2. Well good thing I got a nice tax refund this year, half of it went to a new PC and the other half is going to the repairs. Talking with VWoA and seeing what they can do for me since my car is literally 200 miles out of powertrain warranty.

Dybz

Banned
I get this issue once every 200 to 300 miles. car idles funny, and consumes fuel. Did yours come and go?

Mine started after my downpipe install.

No, my stuff went downhill pretty quickly. if yours was after your downpipe install, check the bolts that connect it to the turbo flange. sounds like a leak and maybe o2 sensor isn't reading right because of it.

boxfresh1

I get this issue once every 200 to 300 miles. car idles funny, and consumes fuel. Did yours come and go?

Mine started after my downpipe install.

Experienced the above; lost my mileage and felt a decrease in performance. If you have a VAGCOM, follow this link:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...ng-the-MAF-O2-sensors-and-catalytic-converter

Currently running a AWE turboback and read lean/rich codes on o2 sensors. Eventually detected exhaust leaks (bad install) and used a spacer for pre-cat o2 sensor (CCTA engine). So far so good and car is running as it should.

Hope that helps you.