GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Haldex race controller

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I just ordered the Race controller only from the GB on this forum for under $800.

Of note, here's what someone on Vortex just opined on the same:

"The Haldex helps correct some understeer, in addition it seems to quicken the transfer of torque from the front to the rear. Take offs seem a bit smoother and turn in seems slightly better. It's definitely wasn't a night and day thing, but it definitely helps. If I had to do it again, I would do what you did and just go with the Race only. I have the switchable unit with the wireless controller, and pretty much leave it in race mode all the time. Haven't really noticed a difference in MPG with the Eco mode. "

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Good Man! That will change the dynamics of the car.

rebellionelite

Passed Driver's Ed
I actually do think the compeition elimiantes a very large amount of understeer and think it is a night and day difference. The car pushed so hard in a turn prior to it that I thought it was just a minor upgrade from my GTI. After the comp controller, the car just takes turns effortlessly in comparison. Highly recommended.

dthquazi

Old thread bump. I am looking at getting one with the three selectable modes. Any pics of how any of you have the switch mounted. I would like to find a way to use the empty buttons by the ashtray for this.

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Old thread bump. I am looking at getting one with the three selectable modes. Any pics of how any of you have the switch mounted. I would like to find a way to use the empty buttons by the ashtray for this.

I'd be interested in swapping from the remote to a fixed switch too.