GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Manual Transmission Oil

bebersol

Ready to race!
Has anyone tried changing their manual transmission oil?

If I remember right my manual was sticky when the weather was cold, I’ve been thinking about changing the oil.

What are the specs of the VW Uberoil? Is it a 75-90w?

I used Mr. Moly in my Saab some years back and that smoothed out and quieted the manual transmission in that car significantly, but Saabs had a big tranny capacity and they used 10-40W (you read it right).

What are others trying and what are your experiences?

Thanks

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
I believe the spec oil is GL-4, and yes typically the weight is 75w-90 synthetic gear oil.

But I am puzzled. You have a brand new 2013 car. Why are you even contemplating changing the tranny oil?

barische

Go Kart Champion
OEM vw fluid is fine

i see you are at texas since it doesnt get much cold down there you probly will be fine with 75w-90. I currrently have fuchs 75w-80 and it is comparable to OEM i had in before..

gear 300 was great when warm but at winter it was horrid till warmed up. I actually damaged the 2,3 syncros due to it

bebersol

Ready to race!
I believe the spec oil is GL-4, and yes typically the weight is 75w-90 synthetic gear oil.

But I am puzzled. You have a brand new 2013 car. Why are you even contemplating changing the tranny oil?

Sometimes our winter temps get town to 0F, last winter I’d notice on cold mornings (teens) the syncros for 2nd and 3rd being chunky, I was curious if anyone else has experienced that and I see barishe has. Just trying to avoid the same thing. thanks