GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

p0456 Error after APR Stage 2+ update

theitguy6

So here is a strange issue and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this.

I flashed the latest APR ECU Stage 2+ file the last time I was up at HS Tuning. The only changes to the file really was to enable support for the APR mobile software but ever since then I've been getting p0456 EVAP errors.

Tried a new gas cap which didn't change anything and before I decided to take it to the dealer to have them do the smoke testing I decided to switch to stock and run the EVAP system tests from VCDS. So while in stock I can run the test and I cannot get the CEL p0456 EVAP errors to come back however if I run the test while running the 93 Stage 2+ file I get the CEL with p0456 immediately.

So is anyone else out there running the mobile version of the software and experienced p0456 EVAP leak errors?

I really don't want to take it to the dealer and pay for the smoke testing if this is only due to the APR software.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor

theitguy6

Check out this post:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-and-P0456&p=60652289&viewfull=1#post60652289

The other thing I commonly see are issues related to the N80 valve.

If you are under warranty, I'd try to take it in for service. This may be a tough one for you to diagnose on your own.

Unfortunately the part of my warranty that would actually cover the diagnostics is gone. I'm going to see if it is possible to flash the pre-APR mobile version at HS Tuning but if that doesn't work I'll have to see.

I figure if I still get the the p0456 error after flashing I'll try the N80 next and see what happens. Given the cost of the diagnostic out of warranty I'll take my chances on the purge valve at that point.

Appreciate the reply.

Last edited:

theitguy6

I presume by now you have contacted APR. I still have the pre-mobile APR tune and I think it will stay that way for a bit now that I've heard this. You get it sorted yet?

I had not contacted APR before today but now that Arin responded I'm thinking this is the first they have heard about it.

I will see if HS Tuning can flash the previous version before I pay for the N80 valve or smoke diagnostic however I'm pretty sure that is possible through the flashing software.

If they cannot flash it I suppose I will just try the N80 valve either way I'll keep you posted with the results.

theitguy6

Ran the car in stock mode for a few days and still had the p0456 coming back so I took it to a dealership today and they replaced the N80 valve. So the software is good just happened that I did the upgrade at the same time the N80 valve chose to fail.

So now that this is cleared up, any updates on a Android version of APR Mobile?