GOLFMKV

WTB: Dr. Colorchip black metallic

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
Let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uberryan

Banned
OP, I'm in the same position. I would almost say you and I could split an order.

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
I assume one person orders it, uses it, and then ships it to the next person.
Ideally it would be better local due to shipping costs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaptaink

Ready to race!
Another guy looking for touchup paint. Dr. colorchip seems to be the most expensive, anyone know if these kits are really that good?

blue2turbo

Ready to race!
Another guy looking for touchup paint. Dr. colorchip seems to be the most expensive, anyone know if these kits are really that good?

I purchased and used the kit previously on my Mini Cooper. It doesn't fill the chips in, it just blends them into the paint, so from 5-10 feet away you can't really notice but if you get up super close, you can see the outline of the chip.

Honestly, if it's your daily driver and you know you're going to get more chips, this kit is great. The paint matched the car great, it was fairly easy to apply, and definitely makes the car look better than leaving the chips exposed. I plan to buy a kit for my UG GTI if I don't trade it in soon.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
I purchased and used the kit previously on my Mini Cooper. It doesn't fill the chips in, it just blends them into the paint, so from 5-10 feet away you can't really notice but if you get up super close, you can see the outline of the chip.

Honestly, if it's your daily driver and you know you're going to get more chips, this kit is great. The paint matched the car great, it was fairly easy to apply, and definitely makes the car look better than leaving the chips exposed. I plan to buy a kit for my UG GTI if I don't trade it in soon.

I did like 6 coats on one and it does fill in but it's such a hassle to do so many coats that I did not do that for any others. Like you said, it matches well and from 6 feet away you won't notice, but up close it's visible.