GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS Tuning rear trail and control arms

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
They just released these and was curious on feedback. Might be a little over kill but it could save quite a bit of money by making these more of a direct swap instead having to press out and in all the new bushings.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assembl...ear-control-arm-kit-stage-1/017697ecs01-01kt/

Obviously you can get them all separate, but just curious on what the benefits would be of doing them all or just certain ones like the trailing arms?

Also, I wonder why they used the street poly compound in the rear trail arm and the stiffer race compound for the upper and lower control arms??

Any feedback would be appreciated.

DaveGLI

Ready to race!
I was really hoping that they were going to be some special lightweight material or tubular...but...they look like stock arms painted black with bushes pressed in...

not impressed

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
I was really hoping that they were going to be some special lightweight material or tubular...but...they look like stock arms painted black with bushes pressed in...

not impressed

That's what I was assuming as well. I mean the only benefit would be the trailing arm to cut down on installation costs and not be too stiff. Otherwise I wonder where they source their hardware from since they aren't overly priced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!

not impressed

What he said

DaveGLI

Ready to race!
Seems as though we're all in agreement here....

They're OEM painted black with better bushings..

But how much is a bushing kit? And if you have a press.. why would you bother buying these?

Notice the front arms they released with these don't show that they fit.. st least not a GLI but they do fit the sport wagon.. interesting

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Seems as though we're all in agreement here....

They're OEM painted black with better bushings..

But how much is a bushing kit? And if you have a press.. why would you bother buying these?

Notice the front arms they released with these don't show that they fit.. st least not a GLI but they do fit the sport wagon.. interesting

Bushing aren't terrible in price. I'd rather have SuperPro over the Powerflex since SuperPro are vastly used and I like the ones in their front control arm kit that I have on my car. Anyway, for people like myself without a press it could be helpful but there are plenty of shops around me that can press bushings in at a good price. Plus, I'd rather keep the stock parts for durability. Hard to say how durable theirs will be.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
dey iz?

Wow, you mean they are repainted and badged OEM parts?

If that's the case maybe I should buy some, and swiss-cheese them so they get lighter. And weaker. :D

Weight reduction bro!

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
It's funny, I'll be powder coating my rear control arms soon and may press some SuperPro bushings in, way less expensive.

I agree. I was thinking the same. Just maybe not the powder coating since I couldn't really go without my car lol. Good way to rust proof it though.