GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Arm catted downpipe

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
mine pops and gurgles all the time. i get drone around 75mph. but it doesn't really get annoying till over 88mph.

Before i was tuned and just running a catless turbo back exhaust i got lots of pops and gurgles and cracks.. now that i am tuned stage 2 they settled down a bit but i still get pops and gurgle and the DSG farts are more like shotgun blast. I have to admit though im also using the stratified crackles tune though so i get crackles and pops regardless anytime i let off under load over 3k rpms.

Ohhhh I gotcha. So would just cutting my cat out do the trick for the time being? I'm also on an oem catback for the moment also

2013 GTI Wolfsburg edition 4 door DSG --> cts dogbone mount insert | custom nuespeed pflo cold air intake | rola roof rack | more to come....

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Ohhhh I gotcha. So would just cutting my cat out do the trick for the time being? I'm also on an oem catback for the moment also

2013 GTI Wolfsburg edition 4 door DSG --> cts dogbone mount insert | custom nuespeed pflo cold air intake | rola roof rack | more to come....
im not a big fan of cutting as its not as easily reversible. To be honest buying a cheap catless downpipe would be your best bet. If you are CCTA you can pick one up for like ~$150 shipped and if you dont like it you didnt molest your ARM catted one and can switch back to it. Plus if you do like it you can sell the arm and make back some money

I personally bought Beluga Racing Exhaust. (im CCTA engine) it fit perfect for me and bolted right up.(plus its made to mate to stock so you can run it with the stock catback no problem)

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
im not a big fan of cutting as its not as easily reversible. To be honest buying a cheap catless downpipe would be your best bet. If you are CCTA you can pick one up for like ~$150 shipped and if you dont like it you didnt molest your ARM catted one and can switch back to it. Plus if you do like it you can sell the arm and make back some money

I personally bought Beluga Racing Exhaust. (im CCTA engine) it fit perfect for me and bolted right up.

In CBFA [emoji51]

Krog29

Ready to race!
Put on new lap joints but the 2.5 inch dual clamp sleeve is the issue have a new one on order. Use exhaust paste, tighten down and let the paste cure before starting and checking for leaks.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Put arm catted dp today. Did it all from the bottom took 3 hours. It could be done in 1.5 except for the fact i was on jack stands 30d and no help. Sucks sliding out from under it. 16mm ratchet box wrench is MONEY, couldnt gey the leverage so i put 16mm on and stuck my arm through the long space where the first vibration mount is. Runs good on stage 1 tune no cel..yet....

Akebonogti

I read through this thread looking for some answers on the arm catted downpipe. I found some people saying there was an issue with the reducer, and also that the turbo gasket wasn't great, but with this thread being so old I wanted some updated answers to see if it was fixed. So I reached out to arm and they said that the reducer was extended resolve any issue with the length, and the gaskets had been updated. I ended up buying the downpipe and here's what I found.

1. The reducer was a good length to mate up to my stock catback. All of the pieces had plenty of overlap to seal properly.

2. The gasket did appear to be better quality and different than the ones that I've seen others post up. So far no leaks anywhere, been about 500 miles. I'll update if that changes, but so far so good.

It's also a very good quality piece, probably the best I've seen in general regardless of price and definitely a bargain at the price they're charging. Hope this helps anyone else looking for some recent answers.