GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Not reaching max boost after stage 2

ty.elliott

Hey guys, ive been having an issue since i went stage 2. I max at 18.5 but only reach 15. Sometimes it will go higher on my boost guage, but the needle will bounce. For example if it hits 17lbs it will hit 17, than bounce to 15 and keep losing 1 lb every time during that run. I first thought heat soak. But just went with neuspreds fmic yesterday and still having the issue. Now im thinking its a boost leak, or the actual stage 2 map (cobb). I already had awe dp to borla, and apr cai so i just ran stage 2 ots. Also im thinking its the forge atmospheric bov spacer after reading issues of them

Anyone have an idea?

brobst

Go Kart Champion
So you were reaching max boost before switching maps?
Could log requested vs actual boost to see if there is an issue to start

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ty.elliott

So you were reaching max boost before switching maps?
Could log requested vs actual boost to see if there is an issue to start

Yes but i was at a stock tune so i only max boosted to roughly 10 psi.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Logging will give us the information needed to make an informed decision. If your car is requesting like 18 and you are getting 15, then there may be a leak. But if its requesting 15 then its a different story.
It is also pretty hot in florida. Heat soak could be an issue.
Since you are cobb, can't you take logs with the AP device? Or use VAGCOM

ty.elliott

When did you install the spacer? Pre or post tune?

Pre tune. But i did some research and i guess im having boost surging. Tried to run logging with my vcds but it all just deleted. Not entirely sure how to save the logs.. only happens with high boost. Stock tune is fine. Gonna try renoving the spacer. Talked to cobb too to see if the ots map may be causing it also

zrickety

The Fixer
The forge spacer is fine around town but you will lose boost between shifts. If you have the carbonio stage 2 pipe, check the pcv connection in the back.

brnulger

Dont get the atmospheric bov. Mk6 gti uses diverter valve. And also dont buy the spacer either cause you will lose a bunch of boost on that too. It may make nice turbo noises but you will lose performance.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk