GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

bad ECU from bench flash. APR attempting repair

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Anyone have APR fix thier ECU with no further issues?

Had to have someone pull my ECU and overnight it to APR, who's attempting to fix it.

just wondering if anyone has had good experiences with their fix?

Last edited:

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Had to have someone pull my ECU and overnight it to APR, who's attempting to fix it. Same old problem with bad solders and strange electrical issues after bench flashing 2 years ago or more. Will update once it comes back.

Had the old evap Leak detection issues as well as crazy surging and seriously poor gas mileage. Never had the fan always on issue though,

But they don't solder anything with a bench flash..

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
But they don't solder anything with a bench flash..
I wasnt implying they soldered anything. it's just something that gets damaged when they pull em

From APR
"There’s a solder point on the ECU that is most likely the cause of the failure. You can still send us the ECU if you’d like us to take a look to see if we can repair it."

Last edited:

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
anyone have a good experience?

GertieGTI

Ready to race!
I have. Radiator fans came on 100% even from a cold start after one year of being tuned. Sent it out and tuner was able to fix it. Much cheaper than a new ECU so I would try that route first as I just paid shipping.

Last edited:

Uberryan

Banned
Was your ECU pulled to update the current programming, or is this a fresh tune on an unmolested ECU?

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Was your ECU pulled to update the current programming, or is this a fresh tune on an unmolested ECU?

Both of us had to have them pulled to bench flash originally Im assuming. My original flash was two-and-a-half years ago before the port thing came out

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
I have. Radiator fans came on 100% even from a cold start after one year of being tuned. Sent it out and REVO was able to fix it. Much cheaper than a new ECU so I would try that route first as I just paid shipping.

Nice. Good to hear

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
APR has had my ECU for a week and a half now. They're not responding to the tuner who removed it for repair on whats happening. It was supposed to be back last friday and im now at like $360 on the rental car.

feelsbadman.motherfucker.jpg

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
in hindsight i super wish i had just grabbed a junkyard ecu and had the immobilizer disabled on it and just swapped it.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
I had a good experience when a bench flash went bad.. APR took care of everything except my 2hr ride away from home.

Nineeightgolf

Ready to race!
APR has had my ECU for a week and a half now. They're not responding to the tuner who removed it for repair on whats happening. It was supposed to be back last friday and im now at like $360 on the rental car.

feelsbadman.motherfucker.jpg

Nerve-wracking to say the least