GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 kits and turbo coupler connections

FriggenT1

Banned
Why not just get a kit with the dv relocation? Really the dv relocation imo is better, easier to get to, is away from extreme heat, and you can a better dv like the synapse. Contact vendors on here, they will give you better than list price.

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Why not just get a kit with the dv relocation? Really the dv relocation imo is better, easier to get to, is away from extreme heat, and you can a better dv like the synapse. Contact vendors on here, they will give you better than list price.

See my original post in this thread. This has to do with the intake Im running and the fact that all of these use different style boots. I could always hack up mine and probably make it work, but that would be alot of potential leak locations before ever making it into the turbo.

FriggenT1

Banned
See my original post in this thread. This has to do with the intake Im running and the fact that all of these use different style boots. I could always hack up mine and probably make it work, but that would be alot of potential leak locations before ever making it into the turbo.

Well, I can't tell you to sell your intake, but you were talking about money savings and to spend hundreds extra on an APR k04 kit (imo of course) seems like your just spending it somewhere else. Used intakes are a dime a dozen on here for cheap, and whether uni, awe, apr, etc.
, they're all BW turbos, it's all the same thing. I wish I had a dv relocate tbh. Many people go with them later anyway.

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
So I was talking to a random guy asking me about my car in a parking lot the other day and he blew my mind about this problem.

His solution was simple. Just add a port to the 90 silicon sleeve that is causing the problem. He told me what to search for and I found something that looks very promising. What do you guys think?

Remember, my problem is my intake uses a 90* reduced silicon sleeve to the turbo and all of the K04 kits out there relocate the DV and require you use their own sleeve with new port (which isnt a 90*).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG3yNrgvBts