C1iffyp

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice build so far!

Lol, its hard to let go of the rumble for sure. :(

Thanks,

That it is. I do believe I'll one day return to the mighty Subaru

C1iffyp

Passed Driver's Ed
No issues with stage 1 on the stock clutch?

I'm actually running a HS Tuning RSR clutch. There were a few mods on the car when I purchased it.

Last edited:

C1iffyp

Passed Driver's Ed
Updated the First Post.

C1iffyp

Passed Driver's Ed
Just flashed APR Stage 2 this morning. Gosh the powerband is much smoother.

This car is an absolute blast to drive.

Debating on the next mod...

Springs.
Cat-Back.
Wheels.

Still need / want an intake too...

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Just flashed APR Stage 2 this morning. Gosh the powerband is much smoother.

This car is an absolute blast to drive.

Debating on the next mod...

Springs.
Cat-Back.
Wheels.

Still need / want an intake too...

Suspension mods over everything else. Put the power down properly then look/sound good doing it after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C1iffyp

Passed Driver's Ed
Suspension mods over everything else. Put the power down properly then look/sound good doing it after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed.

I think Springs are next. Possibly new Struts as well.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
If you are having trouble with traction I recommend some stickyyy tires on lightweight rims and engine/tranny mounts from 034 motorsports (street density). They'll give you way more traction.

PS I'm rocking DG springs and am loving them... if you wanna go really low then these aren't the right springs for you. You can retain your stock struts with these though and it eliminates the wheel gap for the most part. Perfect for a daily driver.

C1iffyp

Passed Driver's Ed
If you are having trouble with traction I recommend some stickyyy tires on lightweight rims and engine/tranny mounts from 034 motorsports (street density). They'll give you way more traction.

PS I'm rocking DG springs and am loving them... if you wanna go really low then these aren't the right springs for you. You can retain your stock struts with these though and it eliminates the wheel gap for the most part. Perfect for a daily driver.

I just got some Michelin Primacy MXM4 for the fronts. They grip quite well. I generally have the TC on, all the time. I do need to get the rears eventually though.

I've heard good things about DG springs. I've heard bad things about installing springs in general. Having never done a VW myself. It seems like a weekend task for sure.

Modest drop is all I need, I've had "Slammed" cars and I'm tired of it. I need to retain my drive-ability.

C1iffyp

Passed Driver's Ed
Haven't posted on here in a while.

Since I've been gone I've added a Unitronic Intake and deleted my resonator.

I'll get some pictures up / video of the exhaust soon!

C1iffyp

Passed Driver's Ed
Need to add more on here - I've been happy with my recent mod list and went ahead with the DREADED timing chain replacement. Plus Carbon Cleaning.

Total cost was $2,450 at the dealer, including parts. Pricey but GOLLY JEEZZZ did the car wake up. Pictures eventually. Lol

Edit - Also got new tires. Some semi-cheap ones because of lack of driving this car as it's no longer my daily.

Will upgrade tires when I get rims....Eventually

Last edited:

C1iffyp

Passed Driver's Ed
Copied from my post on the RSR kit thread here: https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80958

Just ordered a new clutch disk and used this thread as a guide. I already had the RSR kit from a previous purchase, so all I needed was a new disk.

Sachs (03G141031P) Disk found here: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/aud...chs-03g141031p - $100 - NICE!!!!

Also got a new RMS found here: https://www.excelerateperformance.co...-seal-solution - TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!

As well as other necessities, like, a new Throw-out bearing, etc.

Should have the car in the shop early next week and all buttoned up shortly after.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Nice looking Lude and GTI. My dad has a 2000 Prelude, great little car.

Do you happen to have a video of the how the exhaust sounds? I want to do a res delete as well but keep the OE CBE.

C1iffyp

Passed Driver's Ed
Here's a photo dump of some progress on the car.

Lots of updates since I last posted.

Timing situation went over well, car still runs great.

RMS is excellent and seems to be holding up well as I have been "aggressively driving" the car for a while now.

Getting a TON of smoke on decl. then idle then accel. - Plus on startups - and most any acceleration.

I think it's the turbo seals going out but have not pulled off the intercooler to find out. It's on the list to do.

Also got the APR cruise control dongle switching for my tunes. I find it convenient enough, sure. Just have to swap the DP over and that's not that bad at all. 45mins or so.

Stance is ST Coilovers - Konig Ultraforms 18x8.5 et42 - 235/40 tires - it rubs yes. Fenders are rolled in the front and I raised the back to not rub. Fronts are maxed.

Just kinda word vomiting on this post so if you have any questions just LMK.

I'd like to read on here more, sure - Not certain when anyone might see this, lol.

Also, just remember I did adjustable front sway bar endlinks from whiteline - Trying to chase down a "Can rattle" sound from the passenger front side. I think it's Swaybar Bushings now, haven't checked.

I'll try to get a video of my exhaust and post it up.
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190319183951305_COVER.jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190824165753079_COVER.jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20200522122023171_COVER.jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20200812140233554_COVER.jpg
IMG_20190429_202108.jpg
IMG_20200511_145309.jpg
IMG_20200522_145750.jpg
IMG_20200702_142435.jpg
IMG_20200805_064140.jpg
IMG_20200819_191554.jpg