GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 05-20-2017, 11:05 AM   #40461
hbrown0509
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 VW GTI 4DR DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownish View Post
If I understand properly - you're making the power but you felt like you weren't able to take advantage of it because the transmission was limiting what you put down?

My r32 is NA so I never noticed much of a powder boost but it certainly changed how the engagement points felt.

To be honest in my gti it didn't change how it felt in powder levels, just how the TCu behavior felt in the different modes. Disabling auto up and down shifts and showing what gear you're in no matter the mode is probably the most helpful things to me since you can control the cars behavior much better in M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is correct. The TCU has its own failsafes that limits what it can put down. So once the tune overwrites this and increases the clutch pressures and torque limiter you can utilize the power better. It does clean up the behavior as well.

There's a lot of times I wished I went with a R32. Just the sound it makes and the fact it's NA is a nice touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hbrown0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 03:37 PM   #40462
elcid86
Go Kart Champion

Drives: BMW 330i ZHP, '12 Golf TDI
Made an appointment to get the brakes check. I bled them last week and now the pedal periodically goes soft and/or to the floor. Tried a re-bleed in case there was a bubble with no luck. May try it one more time before I take it to the indy.
Old 05-20-2017, 04:10 PM   #40463
brobst
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid86 View Post
Made an appointment to get the brakes check. I bled them last week and now the pedal periodically goes soft and/or to the floor. Tried a re-bleed in case there was a bubble with no luck. May try it one more time before I take it to the indy.
Did you bed them in addition to bleeding the lines?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGTI View Post
Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe
brobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:20 PM   #40464
elcid86
Go Kart Champion

Drives: BMW 330i ZHP, '12 Golf TDI
What did you do to your MK6 today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobst View Post
Did you bed them in addition to bleeding the lines?

I did. Rear pads were replaced. I've read a few threads where this has mysteriously happened to a few people. I hope it's an easy fix/diagnosis. One guy had a small crack in a brake line (not enough to drip fluid), another was a small leak near the booster.

I used a motive power bleeder and didn't do the clutch. Any thoughts on if the VCDS ABS bleed is needed?

Last edited by elcid86; 05-20-2017 at 04:26 PM.
elcid86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:59 PM   #40465
Boscogn
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
I'm washing bae's feet. Bitch has dirty feet.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2017, 05:12 PM   #40466
brobst
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid86 View Post
I did. Rear pads were replaced. I've read a few threads where this has mysteriously happened to a few people. I hope it's an easy fix/diagnosis. One guy had a small crack in a brake line (not enough to drip fluid), another was a small leak near the booster.

I used a motive power bleeder and didn't do the clutch. Any thoughts on if the VCDS ABS bleed is needed?
When I did flush, pads, and rotors, we bled the clutch as well. Upon bedding when the pedal dropped to the floor i was scared out my mind. But hasnt happened since, which is why i asked.
Good luck in diagnosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGTI View Post
Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe
brobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:38 PM   #40467
SnailPower
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2014 GTI Wolfs CSG 4DR MT
New Whiteline end links, Front stress bar, and boost gauge installed today via KMD Tuning.
Internal : APR Fully loaded Stage 2 tune - Soundaktor Delete - Diesel Geek Sigma 6 Short Shifter - R8 Coils - ECS Dogbone Mount Insert - GFB DV+ - NGP Type I Coilovers - IE CAI - EuroJet DP - AgencyPower Exhaust
External : H8 Pure Yellow Fog Bulbs - 20% All Around Tints - ECS JOM Euro Style Badgeless Grille - Splash Guards (-5hp )
SnailPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:47 PM   #40468
SirClimax
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2014 CSG GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by notovicrious View Post
Which tune? Hardware?
It's all in my sig. Cobb stage 2 beta stock maf tune, IE intake, and SPM turboback are the big mods

COBB Stage 2/SPM Turboback/IE Intake/Airlift Performance V2/Golf R Front Brakes/Tyrolsport Caliper Stiffening Kit/Slotted Rotors/Stoptech Pads/SS Lines/RBF600 Fluid/Neuspeed Rear Swaybar & Endlinks/VMR V701
SirClimax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:53 PM   #40469
Boscogn
FIA GT Newbie

Anyone ever have issue with their TyrolSport brake stiff bushings not going into the caliper?

Old 05-20-2017, 08:54 PM   #40470
Boscogn
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boscogn View Post
Anyone ever have issue with their TyrolSport brake stiff bushings not going into the caliper?

Old 05-20-2017, 11:22 PM   #40471
realcyberbob
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI
Send a message via AIM to realcyberbob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boscogn View Post

A couple of mine were a pain, had to use some sandpaper on the holes and a rubber mallet to tap it in gently.
2011 CW GTI 6-Speed: APR Stage II, APR Carbonio Intake, Clutch Masters FX350 Clutch Kit, 42nd Draft Designs Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Forge Twintercooler, BFG DV+, Dieselgeek Short Shifter, ECS Dogbone Mount Insert, StopTech Pads & Slotted Rotors, Tyrolsport Brake Stiffening Kit, Golf R LED Tail Lights, CiM Vent Boost Gauge, RNS-510 Navigation, Uber-Stealth Box & 10" Pioneer Sub, Alpine MRP-M500 Amp, 25th Ann. GTI Golfball Shift Knob, Modshack Low Profile Engine Bay Trim, Hankook V12
realcyberbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 12:09 AM   #40472
Boscogn
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcyberbob View Post
A couple of mine were a pain, had to use some sandpaper on the holes and a rubber mallet to tap it in gently.
I went to town on it with sandpaper and tried to use white lithium grease. No luck just have my oem in one side I'll try the rubber mallet tomorrow

Old 05-21-2017, 06:07 PM   #40473
urbanevil
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI 6 spd
Country Dubs had a shop day in White Marsh, MD. Was a fun time, corn hole, food, shop tours, and a great atmosphere.
The R8 purred like a kitten! And quite a few big power builds.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
2013 GTI 6spd - CTS k04, Unitronic Intake, Unitronic Turbo Back Exhaust , 42 Draft Designs Boost Tap, GFB DV+, SouthBend Stg 2 Daily,ARM FMIC, Golf R Conversion Front Bumper w/ LEDS, CTS Short Shift Kit, CTS K04 TOP Pipe, CTS Throttle Pipe,Solowerks S1 Coilovers, NewSouth OEM Vent Pod, Podi mechanical Boost Gauge, R8 Coils, NGK Iridium plugs, Eonon GA6153F
urbanevil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 06:49 PM   #40474
Boscogn
FIA GT Newbie

Still no luck with stiff kit. It doesn't make sense driver side goes right in and passenger side no. You can see where it stops after massaging with rubber mallet.

Tags
#assman, "yeah" -marshawn lynch, brunkelgotback, circlejerk thread, damndaniel, dat forum doe, dfd can suck it, dont care it got driven, dont quote pics people, dsgsr4women, dubpl8 1-900-suk-ndik, dubpl8 ate his dads ass, dubpl8 likes shrimping, fukyours2k, i'm an excellent driver, ihadsexwithmygastank, my body is ready, no one cares tiggy, nobodycares u washedit, purple helmet warrior, really nbdy crs u wshd it, sexybrunkel, srs ndy crs u washed it, vandorin was here, who's dubpl8?